Tex Mex Coleslaw is packed with flavor and perfect for summer cookouts. It also adds a nice crunch to tacos, fajitas, and barbecue sandwiches.
Fresh summer meals require fresh summer side dishes. This slightly sweet and spicy Mexican coleslaw is incredibly easy to make and a lot lighter than your average creamy slaw.
Tex Mex Coleslaw is a cool, tangy, and crunchy side dish and hard to resist. When it’s paired with bold Tex Mex flavors, this recipe is a must-make for every cookout!
Tex Mex Coleslaw
I started this recipe with a bag of traditional coleslaw mix. You can add purple cabbage if you like. It would add a wonderful color.
Next, I added black beans, corn, jalapeno, cilantro, and green onions. You can add any vegetables you like to the mix. Bell peppers and red onion would be nice. Grilled corn would be wonderful if you have fresh corn. I used canned shoepeg corn.
I used a vinegar based dressing made of white wine vinegar, oil, sugar, and taco seasoning. The taco seasoning adds bold Mexican flavor to the slaw.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Tex Mex Coleslaw
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
For the slaw
- 16 -ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 15 -ounce can black bean rinsed and drained
- 11 -ounce can shoe-peg corn
- 1/2 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno deseeded and minced
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine slaw mix, black beans, corn, jalapeno, and cilantro. Pour dressing over slaw mix and carefully stir to combine.
- You can serve immediately. However, I like to refrigerate it at least 30 minutes before serving.