This Hawaiian Pineapple Delight Dessert Recipe is rich but light. It has a graham cracker crust and a refreshing pineapple spiked whipped topping layer.
People go nuts over this easy dessert recipe! It’s perfect for warm months, potlucks, luncheons, anytime!
How do I make Hawaiian Pineapple Delight Dessert Recipe?
- You’ll start by crushing graham crackers adding butter and making a buttery graham cracker crust. For 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, you’ll need about 1 and 1/2 sleeves of graham crackers.
- I like to pulse the graham crackers in a food processor for quick crumbs.
- This crust will need to bake then cool completely before adding the next layer.
- This dessert actually has three layers. The second layer seeps into the crust and doesn’t for a distinct layer. To make the second layer, mix softened butter, eggs, vanilla extract until smooth then gradually beat in powdered sugar. Spread mixture on top of graham cracker crust and bake.
- You’ll again need to cool the dessert completely before adding the whipped topping layer.
- Finally, the dreamiest pineapple whipped topping is spread on top. For this, you’ll combine the very well drained crushed pineapple and whipped cream. Gently fold the pineapple together then spread over the last layer.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve it.
- If you want to garnish the top, crush a few more graham crackers and distribute over the top.
- Cut into squares and serve cool.
Hawaiian Pineapple Delight Dessert Recipe is a great make-ahead dessert. It stores nicely stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. After a couple of days, the crust begins to get a little soggy.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar measured after sifting
- 20 -ounce crushed pineapple drained WELL
- 8 -ounce whipped topping or 2-3 cups homemade whipped topping
Grease an 8x8-inch or 9x9 inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press into your prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
Use an electric mixer to mix softened butter, eggs, vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Spread mixture on top of graham cracker crust and bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
Gently fold together whipped topping and drained crushed pineapple. Spread on top of filling. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.