Graham Cracker Cookie Bars, with or without coconut, has a graham cracker crust that topped with layers of ingredients. The ingredients are held together by sweetened condensed milk that turns into caramel when baked.
GRAHAM CRACKER COOKIE BARS
The hardest part of this recipe is letting them cool before you cut them. If you don’t, they’ll crumble into a million sloppy pieces albeit they’ll still taste good!
Here’s what you need to make this recipe plus one stick of butter.
Melt butter in the 9×13-inch baking pan.
Layer the next ingredients in order of the recipe. First, you’ll sprinkle the graham crackers crumbs over the melted butter.
Next, scatter the coconut over the graham cracker crumbs. Omit the coconut if you don’t like it. You don’t need to substitute another ingredient.
Sprinkle the peanut butter chips over the chocolate chips and continue with the recipe.
Candy-coated chocolate is most commonly known as M&M candies. You can use any flavor. They have a lot of different flavors now. I typically stick with the traditional chocolate candies.
Finally, spread the peanut evenly over the other ingredients. You can omit the peanuts or use another nut.
The magic ingredient that binds all the other ingredients together is the sweetened condensed milk. Pour it evenly over the other ingredients.
Give the pan a couple of gentle bangs on the countertop to compact the ingredients. There’s no need to spread it with a spatula. When the sweetened condensed milk gets hot, it’ll ooze into all the nooks and crannies.
You’re now ready to bake the bars.
Remember to let the bars cool before cutting. You can speed up the cooling process by putting them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes if you need to.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Muddy Buddy Bars
- Lemon Curd Fluff Bars
- Oatmeal Caramel Crush Bars
- Caramel Chocolate Mud Hen Bars
- Pecan Pie Magic Cookie Bars
- 9 Insanely Good Brownie Recipes
- Graham Cracker Blondies
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Graham Cracker Cookie Bars
- ½ cup butter no substitutes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs about 16 squares
- 1 cup coconut optional
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup candy coated chocolate
- 1 cup peanuts cand omit or sub another nut
- 14 -ounces sweetened condensed milk
- (Layer ingredients in order listed.)
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter.
- Sprinkle coconut over crumbs.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, candy, then nuts.
- Pour one can sweetened condensed milk over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Cool completely before cutting.