Add this Thai Peanut Chicken Flatbread Recipe with bold and bright flavors from roasted peanuts, tender chicken, cilantro, carrots, and a creamy peanut sauce to your weekly pizza night! This recipe is bursting with vibrant flavors and ready in just 30 minutes!
THAI PEANUT CHICKEN FLATBREAD RECIPE
If you aren’t using flatbreads yet, I encourage you to try them. You can use flatbreads as the base of a quick and healthy meal. Additionally, there are endless possibilities for toppings and meals. You can even make dessert flatbreads. My boys even like the small ones for tacos instead of corn or flour tortillas.
Typically, they come in an oblong shape, large oval, and small oval. The large ovals serve two unless you’re serving teenage boys. And, if you have teenage boys you know what I’m talking about. The small ones are great for tacos and young kids.
Apparently, California Pizza Kitchen has a very similar recipe to this on their menu which was a complete surprise to me. You see, we don’t have CPK here in the South, at least we don’t in Mississippi. So, after creating this lovely flatbread pizza I learn that it’s a hugely popular restaurant menu item for CPK.
I should probably research before I make a recipe. However, my son came home from college and I wanted to make him another recipe that he could easily make at his dorm.
EASY RECIPE FOR COLLEGE/DORM STUDENTS
This is a great recipe for students and/or those living in small apartments. You can easily use convenience products and have delicious flatbread. Or, you can make everything from scratch and have a wonderful meal. Either way, this is a great recipe.
However, this recipe is relegated to college kids. It’s quick and easy for meal school nights, a quick lunch or after-school snack, or for gameday watching! They also make a good party activity and meal because they’re totally customizable and everyone can make their own!
LET’S TALK ABOUT INGREDIENTS
- Naan – I used the large size bread. You can use the smaller-sized Naan bread and it’s perfect for kids’ pizzas!
- Veggies – One bonus about this recipe that I really like is you can add as many veggies as you want. Therefore, pile on the carrots, onions, and cilantro. I even like pineapple on it. Now, if you’re a student staying in the dorm you can grab these on your cafeteria salad bar. Also, you could get a small salad kit at the store. I get the single-serving cups of fruit at the grocery store. They’re perfect for dorm cooking.
- Peanut Sauce – Most stores have jarred peanut sauce with other Asian food. If you can’t find it, you can easily and economically whisk up some using my Peanut Butter Sauce recipe.
- Chicken – This recipe is great for using leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken! You can also get cooked, chopped chicken frozen at your store. My last choice for chicken would be canned.
Another note about sauces – Always keep extra dipping sauces, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc from fast food orders. You can use these to spice up dorm recipes
Here is something new to add to your weeknight rotation! So simple to make, and in less than 30 minutes! These flavorful flatbread pizzas are made using simple easy ingredients such as Naan flatbreads and jarred Thai peanut sauce.
MORE TO LOVE
- Figgy Flatbread Recipe
- Easy Chicken Pesto Flatbread
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbread
- Best Broccoli Salad
- Creamsicle Protein Shake
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Healthy No-bake Chocolate Cookies
- Frito Chili Pie
If you have a college student or friends with college kids, please pass this on to them. I started a whole category on this site for my son to be able to cook for himself when he went to college. These recipes have simple ingredients, simple equipment, and they’re budget-friendly!
Thai Peanut Chicken Flatbread Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 large Naan flatbread garlic or plain
- 2 medium chicken breasts grilled
- ounce jar peanut sauce
- 2 cups provolone shredded, or mozzarella
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup carrots shredded
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves torn
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanuts roasted and crushed
- red pepper flakes optional
- lime juice optional
- green onions chopped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Unwrap the Naan bread and place it on a cookie sheet.
- Cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces, then toss in a bowl with a few spoonfuls of the Thai peanut sauce. (If your sauce is very thick you can mix the sauce with a few tablespoons of water to thin it out a bit in order to coat the chicken better.)
- Spoon some of the Thai peanut sauce onto the Naan and spread it to the edges.
- Sprinkle about ½ cup of cheese onto each piece of Naan, then cover that with the chicken.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the chicken. Add the sliced red onions, carrot shreds, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds and ½ of the crushed peanuts to the top of the cheese.
- Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of sesame oil over the top of each pizza.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the Naan begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven, top with the remaining peanuts, and fresh cilantro.
- For extra flavor, you could squeeze lime juice over the top, and/or garnish with green onions and red pepper flakes.
Also, you can also find great recipes here and Weekend Potluck.