Sweet and savory, Figgy Flatbread Recipe is an appetizer for any season. This is a winning combination!
If you’re looking for a quick lunch or appetizer this is your recipe. As well, this recipe can easily be made in a toaster oven for dorm or small apartment occupants. If you’re not even a cook, don’t know how to cook and don’t want to know how to cook, you can assemble this easy flatbread recipe.
Have I convinced you yet?
Figgy Flatbread Recipe
Seriously, this goodness is so easy to make. It takes about 1 minute to assemble and 5 to 7 minutes to cook depending on if you want your crust chewy or crispy.
It all starts with the flatbread. I spread fig jam on the bread and peppered it with fresh mozzarella balls. Bake it to crispy perfection, drizzle on balsamic reduction and salad greens for a dose of healthy.
And, there you have it. A gourmet flatbread in less than 10 minutes, for a fraction of the cost, and you didn’t have to put on makeup and go out for it! That’s winning!
For the Figgy Flatbread
- As well, I use Naan flatbread that’s about 1/2-inch thick and soft. The dough has eggs and yogurt.
- Pita is another flatbread. It’s drier and thinner than naan. Pita is made with flour, water, yeast, salt, olive oil.
- Chapati is an unleavened flatbread traditionally made from very finely milled whole wheat flour. It tends to be thin and papery.
- Lavash is a soft, thin unleavened flatbread made in a tandoor. It’s easy to find at most stores in Joseph’s brand.
For the Jam
Fig jam is with jams and jellies at the grocery store or at the links I highlight above.
For the Cheese
I used freeze mozzarella. However, goat cheese, blue cheese, or burrata cheese is great on it.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350°F.
- Spread the fig jam evenly over the flatbread.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Before serving, drizzle balsamic reduction and sprinkle Everything but Bagel seasoning over the top. Serve immediately.