Sweet and savory, Figgy Flatbread Recipe is an appetizer for any season. This is a winning combination!
If you’re looking for a quick lunch or appetizer this is your recipe. As well, this recipe can easily be made in a toaster oven for dorm or small apartment occupants. If you’re not even a cook, don’t know how to cook and don’t want to know how to cook, you can assemble this easy flatbread recipe.
Have I convinced you yet?
Figgy Flatbread Recipe
Seriously, this goodness is so easy to make. It takes about 1 minute to assemble and 5 to 7 minutes to cook depending on if you want your crust chewy or crispy.
It all starts with the flatbread. I spread fig jam on the bread and peppered it with fresh mozzarella balls. Bake it to crispy perfection, drizzle on balsamic reduction and salad greens for a dose of healthy.
And, there you have it. A gourmet flatbread in less than 10 minutes, for a fraction of the cost, and you didn’t have to put on makeup and go out for it! That’s winning!
For the Figgy Flatbread
- As well, I use Naan flatbread that’s about 1/2-inch thick and soft. The dough has eggs and yogurt.
- Pita is another flatbread. It’s drier and thinner than naan. Pita is made with flour, water, yeast, salt, olive oil.
- Chapati is an unleavened flatbread traditionally made from very finely milled whole wheat flour. It tends to be thin and papery.
- Lavash is a soft, thin unleavened flatbread made in a tandoor. It’s easy to find at most stores in Joseph’s brand.
For the Jam
Fig jam is with jams and jellies at the grocery store or at the links I highlight above.
For the Cheese
I used freeze mozzarella. However, goat cheese, blue cheese, or burrata cheese is great on it.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350°F.
- Spread the fig jam evenly over the flatbread.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Before serving, drizzle balsamic reduction and sprinkle Everything but Bagel seasoning over the top. Serve immediately.