Ambrosia Fluff Salad – Light, sweet, and loaded with sweet pineapples, mandarin oranges, and cherries, this classic Southern no-bake dessert is always a crowd favorite.
This is a great recipe to have your young kids help you make. Typically, if they help make a recipe they’re more likely to eat it. At least this was the case with my boys. Additionally, it’s full of fruit that most children like.
It’s a perennial potluck, family reunion, and church social favorite.
Additionally, all the ingredients are pantry and refrigerator staples making it easy to keep the ingredients on hand for an unexpected need.
Ambrosia Fluff Salad
- You can use regular or light Cool Whip in this recipe. I couldn’t tell a difference in taste or texture.
- As well, you can use non-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream. I almost always use Greek yogurt for the little extra protein. If you go with sour cream, you can use regular or light.
- As always, if there’s an ingredient you don’t like, omit it or reduce the amount. I’m not a huge fan of coconut. Therefore, I either leave it out or sprinkle it on top more as a garnish (so I can spoon around it when I’m getting a serving.😊)
- I drain the fruit before I start cutting the cherries to allow them plenty of time to drain. Any extra liquid will make the salad watery and thin. You’ll need to press on the crushed pineapple with a spatula to press more liquid from it.
- I really like the crunch nuts give this. You can use almonds, cashews, walnuts, macadamia, pistachios, or sunflower seeds. Some nuts have a bad reputation for being high in calories and fat. However, when it comes down to the actual numbers there’s not a huge difference.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Pina Colada Ambrosia Salad
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad
- Fruit Salad Basket
- Grape Salad
- Favorite Fruit Salad
Ambrosia Fluff Salad
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 ounces Cool Whip regular or light
- ½ cup nonfat Greek Yogurt or sour cream, regular or light
- 20 ounces pineapple crushed and drained well
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges drained well
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries drained and halved
- ½ cup sweetened coconut shredded or flakes
- 1 - 2 cups miniature marshmallows as little or as much as you like
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped, can use almonds, cashews, walnuts, macadamia, pistachios, or sunflower seeds
- Romove stems and quarter cherries.
- In a large bowl, fold sour cream and Cool Whip together.
- Fold in remaining ingredients making sure the pineapple, oranges, and cherries have been drained well.
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate. I like to refrigerate it for 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container and use within 48 hours. This salad begins to get watery and decline in texture after 48 hours.