Only three ingredients in this quick and easy Sausage Roll make it quick, easy and always a crowd-pleaser!
All the boys in my house love breakfast. It’s a big occasion on Saturday morning. But, they also request ‘breakfast’ for dinner during the week. This is a blue-ribbon crowd pleaser in my house day or night. Use it for breakfast, dinner or it also is a great tailgating recipe.
Using pre-made pizza crust makes this Sausage Roll super convenient. I like to stock my pantry with pizza crust, crescent rolls etc so that in a pinch I can put a meal together for my family on short notice. I hate being out of an item and I hate having to get fast food when I have quick and easy meals right at my fingertips. Or, at least, I can have quick meals at my fingertips if I plan a little and keep my kitchen stocked.
The second ingredient in the Sausage Roll is cheese. Now you’ll see I used cheddar (yellow) in the pictures below, I didn’t have any cheddar so I used pepper jack cheese in the photos above. Use whatever cheese you have on hand or that you like. I prefer a mild cheddar, but I sure wasn’t running to the store at 6:00 a.m. today to get cheese.
Lastly, you need sausage for a Sausage Roll. I like a mild breakfast sausage. I prefer the traditional seasoning not a sage or maple sausage for this recipe.
Not only is this quick and easy, it’s very tasty. Crusty on the outside, spicy from the sausage and creamy with cheese on the inside.
You may also like
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 pound ground pork sausage any flavor
- 1 pound cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Crumble and brown sausage in a skillet on the stove until no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Open dough and stretch out on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly. Sprinkle cooked and drained sausage evenly over the dough.
- Next, spread the cheese evenly over the sausage. Roll up jellyroll-style starting on the long side.
- Bake in 375° oven until brown about 25-30 minutes. Slice into pinwheels. Serve plain or with maple syrup.