Spicy and hot, these mouth-watering Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders are a hit with my family. Cook time is hands-off in the slow-cooker, which makes it a fantastic dinner option for busy nights.
Nothing works better or me during the week with our busy schedules than cooking with a slow cooker. I primarily use it for roasts or chicken, but sometimes I make a soup in it. I like the one-pot-leave-it-and-forget-it feature of a slow-cooker.
I shared my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins with you a few weeks ago. Today I made the chicken portion of the recipe with slightly different ingredients. You could use that chicken seasoning recipe in sliders or this slider recipe on Potato Skins. See how that works? Easy Peasy!
If you’re a sports fan, these sliders would be great for tailgating or game watching or party going. Heck, they’d be good any time any place!
For these sandwiches, I found great ciabatta rolls that were slider size at the store. You could use regular size rolls and white or whole wheat would be great as well. I like to use Ranch dressing sometimes instead of blue cheese, so that’s another option for you. Do you like blue cheese? I love it, but sometimes I like a change. I used Frank’s RedHot sauce on the chicken in this recipe, it’s really spicy and is lower in calories than traditional buffalo sauce. To kick it up a little, I added bacon to my sandwich because, well, bacon makes everything better. Do you agree? Of course, make the recipe your own, if you love bacon add extra, not a fan then skip it.
- 4 chicken breasts you can use skinless, boneless or bone-in
- 3/4 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 T dried parsley
- 8 to 10 slider buns
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese or blue cheese dressing if you're not a fan of blue cheese, substitute ranch dressing and or feta cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped* (optional)
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and place in slow cooker. Pour sauce and spices over chicken.
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred.
- Toast buns in oven until lightly browned. (You could also spread butter on the buns and toast on a grill.)
- Spread the chicken on bottom bun, top with dressing, cheese and bacon.
- Pickles, lettuce and tomato slices all would be another option for this sandwich.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
You may also like to see these posts: 88 Quick & Easy Chicken Recipes