Tex Mex Skillet Pasta is tasty, filling and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Raise your hand if you like quick dinner recipes! I know, right, who doesn’t. I have good news, you’ll love this Tex Mex Skillet Pasta. It’s quick, convenient and really, really tasty.
It’s a favorite in part because it uses pantry essentials, ingredients you should keep on hand so you can throw a meal together in minutes. Since February is National Canned Food Month, I thought it fitting to share one of my ‘go to’ pantry meals that uses canned vegetables! I keep my pantry stocked with a large variety of canned items for recipes like this for busy weeknights. The only item I had to purchase was ground turkey (you can use beef if you prefer).
Canned items are the perfect solution since fresh fruits and vegetables are harvested at their peak of ripeness and canned within hours. Canning is the best way to seal in natural goodness and lock in nutrients. Additionally, canned foods mean less prep and year-round availability which means you’ll use (and eat) them more! It’s a win win!
Tex Mex Skillet Pasta in less than 30
I can make Tex Mex Skillet Pasta from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. Any recipe that comes together that quickly goes on my #weeknightdinner list. When you have homework, scouts, sports and meetings (and that’s just the boys!) quick is not a luxury. It’s a necessity even for a food blogger.
Tex Mex Skillet Pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 15 ounce can Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 2.25 ounce can black olives drained
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 8 ounce pasta any shape, uncooked
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet brown turkey.
- Stir in cookied pasta, corn and black beans. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- You can substitute groun beef or chicken in this recipe.
- You can substitute gluten-free pasta for regular.
- Garnish and serve with 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup sliced green onions, if desired.
More recipes from callmepmc.com using canned ingredients
Add a salad to your Tex Mex Skillet Pasta for a complete meal.