My Skinny Blackberry Muffins can also be Skinny Blueberry Muffins if you prefer. WJ doesn’t like the ‘seeds’ in blackberries and much prefers blueberry muffins
that why I made blackberry er, I mean, I was out of blueberries and was forced to make these blackberry muffins instead. Yeah, that’s it!
Before we get to the recipe, let me tell you what my boys have concocted! So they are well aware of my blog. They helped with many posts and both want to do a video for you. I’m all about pimping out my kids for a click, we just haven’t had the time to make it yet. So, they’re always coming up with recipe ideas and experiments. It’s really funny. This time, however, instead of a recipe, they have decided that I need to become affiliated with a video/ds gaming company and test new games, and by ‘me’ they mean ‘them’ because, well, I don’t even know how to turn on the ds game!
Those silly boys, they really want me to make money at this blogging gig……. NOT!
- 2 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg beaten or Egg Beaters equivalent
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners. (Muffins may stick to liners so spray them as well if you use liners.)
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the honey and brown sugar together. It will be thick. Add the apple sauce, yogurt, and beaten egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add milk. Fold together carefully. It will be thick. Add more Greek yogurt 1 T at a time if you feel they are too thick. Gently fold in the blackberries. Do not overmix or muffins wil be tough.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin tins. Fill 3/4 full. You may have more than 12 muffins depending on the size of your tins. Just fill another tin if you do. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. When done, the center should spring back after being touched.
- Great served hot by themselves or with honey.
For full nutritional information click here!
Other Muffin recipes you may like: