My Skinny Blackberry Muffins can also be Skinny Blueberry Muffins if you prefer. WJ doesn’t like the ‘seeds’ in blackberries and much prefers blueberry muffins
that why I made blackberry er, I mean, I was out of blueberries and was forced to make these blackberry muffins instead. Yeah, that’s it!
Skinny Blackberry Muffins
Before we get to the recipe, let me tell you what my boys have concocted! So they are well aware of my blog. They helped with many posts and both want to do a video for you. I’m all about pimping out my kids for a click, we just haven’t had the time to make it yet. So, they’re always coming up with recipe ideas and experiments. It’s really funny. This time, however, instead of a recipe, they have decided that I need to become affiliated with a video/ds gaming company and test new games, and by ‘me’ they mean ‘them’ because, well, I don’t even know how to turn on the ds game!
Those silly boys, they really want me to make money at this blogging gig……. NOT!
Ingredients you’ll need
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace
- brown sugar
- apple sauce
- Greek yogurt
- almond milk
Other Muffin recipes you may like:
Skinny Blackberry Muffins
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt nonfat plain
- 1 large egg beaten or Egg Beaters equivalent
- 3/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 cup blackberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners. (Muffins may stick to liners so spray them as well if you use liners.)
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the honey and brown sugar together. It will be thick. Add the apple sauce, yogurt, and beaten egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add milk. Fold together carefully. It will be thick. Add more Greek yogurt 1 T at a time if you feel they are too thick. Gently fold in the blackberries. Do not overmix or muffins wil be tough.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin tins. Fill 3/4 full. You may have more than 12 muffins depending on the size of your tins. Just fill another tin if you do. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. When done, the center should spring back after being touched.
- Great served hot by themselves or with honey.