Baby Sausage Dogs
- 2 quarts vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 c flour
- 3/4 c cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 T honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 packs Lil Smokies cocktail sausages
- Place one Lil Smokie on end of skewer. Set aside.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar. Stir. Dip sausage in dry mix and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix honey, egg, and milk. Add to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Set aside 4 to 5 minutes to thicken.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Dip sausages into batter. Rotate to coat evenly. Submerge in hot oil and fry until browned about 4 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on a wire rack in a 200 degree oven until all dogs are cooked. Serve immediately with ketchup and Honey Mustard
Do you cook with your kids?
What dishes do you enjoy cooking with them?
Look what else we made! Fried Oreos!
I had Oreos from this recipe and gave it a whirl. The boys had never seen Fried Oreos at the Fair so it was big fun to them!