Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread is a delicious, easy, cheesy bread recipe that goes with any casserole, soup, or pasta! It’s garlicky and flavorful with crispy edges and a soft, cheesy buttery center.
PIN Cheesy Garlic Bread to make later!
Kids are a never-ending source of humor and inspiration (and material for the blog!)
So I’m working on a post and have a picture of me when I was about seven years old up on the computer.
Ryder walks by and asks, “Is that you? What’s it for?”
“Yes, it’s me, it’s for Throwback Thursday”
To which, he laughs and replies, “Lincoln, Mommie said it’s Throw UP Thursday!”
“No, I said, ThrowBack Thursday.”
Lincoln corrects with his 10-year-old know-it-all attitude,
“No, that’s supposed to be Thirsty Thursday!”
😅Oh, I give up!!!
Now to this wonderful recipe!
EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD TIPS & SUBS
I can make a meal on bread alone. Growing up toasted cheese was one of my favorite snacks/meals to eat. Actually, anything with cheese what high on my favorites list!
- Cream cheese is much easier to mix if it’s at room temperature so sit it out about an hour before you plan to make this if possible. If not, for this recipe, you can soften it in the microwave for a few seconds. You want it soft, but not melted. (For baking with cream cheese it should not be melted unless specifically indicated in the recipe.)
- Next, in my opinion, mayonnaise makes this recipe. It adds so much flavor. Once it’s added with the other ingredients you don’t really taste the mayo. Therefore, don’t omit it unless you simply hate mayonnaise.
- I used white cheddar because it’s what I had. You can use the traditional orange cheddar (mild, medium, or sharp) or your favorite ‘melty’ cheese in the same amount.
- Pre-shredded cheese doesn’t melt as smoothly because it’s coated in non-clumping agents. I recommend grating the cheese yourself, it really takes just a few minutes but makes a huge difference in the recipe.
- One tablespoon of garlic gives the mixture a nice garlic flavor without being overpowering. However, you can adjust that to your liking.
- Finally, cheese is typically salty so I don’t recommend adding salt to the cheese mixture for this bread.
CAN I MAKE EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD IN ADVANCE?
Yes. All you need to do is make the bread as indicated below. Instead of baking it right away, wrap it up and put it in the fridge until you’re ready to cook. It’ll cook much more evenly if you take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you want to cook it so that it can come to room temperature.
WHAT CAN I SERVE THIS BREAD WITH?
That’s the beauty of this bread, it goes with absolutely every main entree! I like to serve it alongside Italian favorites like Baked Spaghetti, Chicken Spaghetti, Shrimp Carbonara, and Lasagna. Of course, it pairs beautifully with New York Strip steak, ribeye steak, flat iron steak, and pork chops as well.
Another meal option
Six Minute Flat Iron Steak with
Three Ingredient Hashbrowns and
Or, maybe with just a hearty salad like
Black Bean Tomato Quinoa Salad
Another option for bread is air fryer garlic bread
I updated this post from an earlier version published on February 23, 2013. I made new photos, updated tips, added nutrition information, and simplified the recipe instructions.
EASY CHEESE GARLIC BREAD
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 loaf French bread loaf sliced in half horizontally
- ½ cup butter room temp
- ½ cup cream cheese room temp
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove bread from the wrapper, cut it equally into 2 horizontal pieces. Place it on a baking sheet.
- Mix the butter, cream cheese, mayonnaise together. Next stir in all the shredded cheese, garlic, and seasonings.
- Spread the butter mixture on each side of the bread.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and the edges are browned.
- Remove from the oven, slice, and serve hot.
Virginia Watson says
Did any of the “reviewers” actually make the bread?
I never used roasted garlic before but it was delish on the garlic cheese bread!
Such a lovely bread. Looks delicious! I must give your recipe a try. I bet my boys would like this.
Sherrie Collis says
Oh Yum! I have GOT to make this.
oh that is probably from when I was on another platform and the print went away. I’ll go fix it now. Thanks!
ok, it’s updating now and should have printing capabilities. Thanks for letting me know. I moved my blog in April and still finding errors.
Oh my! Cheesy bread is the best and Gouda is such a great choice in cheese!
I looooove cheese!
Michelle Day says
This bread looks delicious! I LOVE cheesy bread. Actually if you ask my hubby, I love bread any way I can get it, lol. Thanks so much for sharing 🙂
Kaz @ Melting Moments says
Mouth wateringly yum!
Peggy~PJH Designs says
Mmmmmmm! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
A to Zebra Celebrations says
It looks sooo good! we love bread! I hope you join our link party- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/02/link-party-9.html
That looks delicious, would make a tasty alternative to garlic bread.
Accidentally Wonderful says
My mouth is watering!!
AnnMarie VanSickle says
This bread looks so good! I am going to have to try it! Thanks for sharing it!
Emily Thompson says
ooo wow! That looks amazing… anything with carbs and cheese usually is :o) Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays @ Nap-Time Creations. So glad you stopped by! Emily
Looks and sounds beyond yummy
Mel@Mellywood's Mansion says
Oh that looks yummy!
WOW! This looks GREAT!!! Pinned 😉 Thanks for sharing!!
Hope your week gets off to a terrific start! :*)
Diana - FreeStyleMama says