Pineapple Marinated Ribeye is an incredibly simple marinade and a great way to enjoy a restaurant-quality meal at home. Included are tips on how to grill the best ribeye steak.
You can use this marinade on any cut of steak. My boys are particularly fond of ribeye so that’s what I most often get.
The flavors in this steak are incredible because of the great sear. The slightly sweet pineapple marinade is crazy flavorful. I like to serve these steaks with this huge Cobb Salad and Crock-Pot Hashbrown Potatoes or Hasselbeck Scalloped Potatoes.
Let’s start with the steak!
- It’s important to start with good quality steaks. I recommend grass-fed organic.
- Filets will be the most tender cut. Ribeye, New York strip, and T-bone are great flavored steaks.
- Marinate or season steaks 1 to 2 hours ahead of time. This allows the flavor to soak in.
- Set the meat out at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- If grilling, clean the grill grates. This will keep the flavor and prevent sticking.
- Sear the steaks at a very high temperature, then reduce the heat and cook to desired doneness. Ribeye internal temperature: Rare: 135-140°F, Medium Rare: 140°, Medium: 150-155°, Well Done: 165°.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the steaks.
- Watch the steaks carefully and don’t overcook them.
- Finally, allow your steak to rest to reabsorb the juices before eating. Keep in mind steaks will continue to cook and rise 3-4 degrees while resting.
Pineapple Marinated Ribeye
- One to two hours before you plan to grill marinate the steaks. Mix the marinade ingredients together. I usually add this in a large ziptop bag.
- Add the steaks to the bag and gently shake to coat the steaks.
- Refrigerate. If you’re cooking within 30 minutes, set the steaks on the countertop to marinate and come to room temperature.
- Preheat your gas grill to medium-high heat, about 500° F.
- When hot, place the steaks on the grill and sear for 1 minute. Flip the steak and sear for 1 minute on the second side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and flip back to the first side rotating the steak one-quarter turn. Close the lid and grill 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip and rotate the steaks once again and cook about 3 to 5 minutes more or until internal temperature reads 135° F for rare.
- Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Pineapple Marinated Ribeye
- 4 ribeye steaks
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, salt, and pepper to a gallon ziptop bag. Add steaks to the bag and allow to marinate 1 to 2 hours.
- Bring steaks to room temperature while the grill is reaching temperature.
- Get your grill as hot as you can to sear the steaks! Remove steaks from marinade. Sear steaks over maximum heat one minute. Flipo and sear the second side.
- Reduce heat to medium. Flip and rotate the steaks a quarter turn and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and rotate once again and cook another 3 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Test temperature with an instant-read thermometer.