Novelty Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shooters with edible shot glass is perfect for your next party or a night in! One of the most impressive shots out there. However, it doesn’t stop at being great-looking, it’s really delicious too.
The novelty of the tequila shots makes them a really fun way to enjoy cocktails for a special occasion. These are definitely not your ordinary chocolate covered strawberries. Read on to learn how to make them!
You can enjoy a dessert and drink all in one with this festive recipe. I chose to fill the strawberries with tequila. You can fill them with any alcohol that you prefer. Godiva Chocolate liquor sounds especially appealing to me! As well, you may want to fill them with jello shots.
For the Jello Shots, you can use my Blue Lagoon Recipe. Any flavored jello can be used so don’t let that deter you from using that recipe. As well, check out this recipe for White Tea Shot.
Another option, if you don’t drink, fill them with fruit juice. Apple juice is my choice, but any juice would be good. This would make a novel kids party dessert.
You may also like these filled strawberries for entertaining!
How to make Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shooters
- Large strawberries are easier to handle. Rinse the strawberries and allow them to dry completely. If there is any moisture on them, it will make the chocolate seize, or get hard. Plan to do this well in advance.
- With a small paring knife or melon baller, slice the stems off the strawberries.
- Next, cut a small amount of the ends off to make flat bottoms. You’ll want them to sit flat.
- Now, carefully hollow out the strawberry. This is why larger strawberries are easier to handle.
- Melt your chocolate. If you’re not familiar with melting chocolate read, How to Melt Chocolate, for a quick, easy tutorial.
- I always like to use Chocolate Candy Melts for dipping anything in chocolate. It’s smooth without much effort. As well, you can use your preference of chocolate, dark chocolate, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate.
- Dip each chocolate about 3/4s of the way up. I find it much easier to use this 3 pronged chocolate dipping tool for the strawberries than using a fork or my fingers.
- Set them on the waxed paper or parchment paper to dry. I prefer parchment paper. Repeat with each strawberry.
- Allow the chocolate to harden. I was taught not to refrigerate chocolate to speed the cooling/hardening process. Therefore, I recommend letting them sit on the countertop to dry. It doesn’t take very long.
- Immediately before you serve them, fill the cavity with tequila.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Paring knife or melon baller
- Melting chocolate
- Waxed Paper or parchment paper
- Measuring cup
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shooters
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 16 large strawberries
- 4-6 ounces chocolate candy melts I use this
- 8 ounces tequila good tequila like Patron or Don Julio
- Wash and dry strawberries. , stem and hollow out the strawberries.
- Stem and cut a small, flat portion of the end of the strawberry. Hollow out the strawberries with a paring knife or melon baller.
- Melt the chocolate. Dip each strawberry 3/4 of the way up with chocolate. Place on the parchment paper to dry and harden. Repeat with each strawberry.
- Once the chocolate is dry and just before you're ready to serve, fill each strawberry with tequila.
Lori Hart says
These look de-lish!! Found you over at Two Cup Tuesdays. I am co-hosting Tasty Tuesdays this week and would love for you to link up this recipe.
Lori’s Culinary Creations
Thanks so much for the invitation, I’ve linked up. Love your party and great blog!
Corinna Ashley says
These would be great for a New Year’s Party!
I love that it’s a shot especially, I get ADD when I’ve got a large drink. At the end of the night I’m like, “am I the only one who didn’t get a buzz… gr.” lol
Dawn ~ Spatulas On Parade says
I saw this linked up at Manic Monday. Great combo and if I were a drinking person it would be perfect. I’ll take the chocolate dipped strawberry though.
Judy Haughton-James says
These must be so yummy Paula! What a great combination!
Renea (cupcake-n-bake) says
These sound awesome!!
Thanks so much, they’re sinful! 🙂
Meghann @ Raising a Home says
What a great idea! New here and I can’t wait to check the rest out!
Cindy Eikenberg says
Me again! 🙂 Thank you SO much for joining us and sharing your yummy recipes with us at Best of the Weekend! Pinning and buffering – I just LOVE these!!! Have a fantastic Saturday and I know today will be much brighter! 😉
Tomorrow is forgotten, well almost! Thanks for all you do, you’re the best!!
What a cute idea for a cocktail party, Paula!
So sorry about your site today 🙁 Looking forward to Saturday Dishes though 🙂
Thank you!! Bring some good stuff 😉 Ugh, it was awful and I’m such a morning person, when it did finally come up I was so over wanting to write!
Vashti Quiroz-Vega says
That looks scrumptious Paula! I’m using it at my next party. Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend!
It’s SO good! I hope everyone enjoys them!
Cindy Eikenberg says
Oh, Paula, these look AWESOME!!!! What a perfect Friday find! 🙂 Pinning, buffering and sharing on FB today! 🙂 Happy Friday!!