This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price but will share some commission.

Diet Strategies – I’ve been asked many times especially since starting this blog how do I keep weight off when I cook so much? or How do you stay motivated to run? Following are tricks and strategies that I use.

Diet Strategies - Sharing tips and tricks I've learned on how to work with food 24/7 & not gain weight as well as keep weight off as you age.


1. Nothing is off-limits to eat. I don’t forbid anything in my diet. Furthermore, I just eat small portions and I don’t limit carbs; you need them for fuel. I don’t limit protein; you need them to build muscle. I watch fat intake but I don’t rule it out altogether; you need some good fat for proper brain and cell function and absorption of certain vitamins.

2. I drink a lot of water. My goal is 1 gallon per day. I don’t always reach that goal but I try. If you’re drinking that much water you don’t have a lot of room for snacks.

3. I eat as much fresh, God-made, organic food as I can.

4. I use the My Fitness Pal app to log my calorie intake. Seeing a calorie total of what you eat as you consume it helps. Another trick is this app subtracts your calorie from your total. When you’re at -0-, that’s it, you’re done for the day vs counting up. (It’s a mental thing.)

5. I eat ‘good’ 80% of the time. The other 20% is why I exercise!

You’ll enjoy this information too: How to Run a Successful Food Blog and Not Gain Weight

You may also enjoy these posts 

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links. If you click the link and make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Visit all my recommended products at Paula’s Picks on Amazon. Read my entire Privacy Policy here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *