SAUSAGE DOGS Easy and Delicious 15 Minute Meal – Sausage dogs are grilled and layered with sauce and cheese for an easy and delicious meal! This sandwich is a family favorite and great for game day.
SAUSAGE DOGS Easy and Delicious
- Sausage Pepper Onion Hoagies
- Turkey Slider
- Bacon Short-cut rolls
- Philly Cheese Sausage Dog
- Baby Sausage Dogs
- Philly Cheese Dog Loaded Potato
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated August 31, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Sausage Dogs! Easy and Delicious 15 Minute Meal
- 6 link sausages we like Bryan brand, smoked
- 6 hot dog buns toasted, or hoagie rolls
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce your favorite brand/flavor
- 1 and ½ cup cheddar cheese about ¼ cup for each dog
- 4 large green onions sliced, about 1 Tablespoon for each dog
- 1 medium onion sliced & caramelized. *optional
- Cook sausage either on the grill or in a skillet until cooked through.
- Toast bun.
- Add sausage to toasted bun and top with cheddar cheese, bbq sauce, and green onions
- Toast or grill until the cheese melts. Serve hot.