This stunning Stuffed Smoked Pork Loin is slightly spicy from the sausage. It’s delicious and easy to make and great for low-carb, keto and paleo diets.
Stuffed Smoked Pork Loin
Big Daddy had the idea for a Stuffed Smoked Pork Loin. It’s just one of those he-man foods. Meat, meat and more meat!
Succulent pork loin is stuffed with a pre-cooked sausage link then smoked until done.
You don’t need a lot of ingredients for this dish. There are three simple ingredients: Pork loin, sausage, and seasoning. That’s it! However, it does take time. You’ll want to cook it low and slow.
I used a pork loin, not a pork tenderloin. There is a difference and it’s important here.
This is great to eat alone or in a sandwich.
How to stuff it!
We used a 4-pound pork loin and one of the sausages shown above.
This Pork Rub is also a really good combination of seasonings.
This sausage is going in this pork loin.
Put the sausage in the loin and close the cut with a skewer.
I know..let’s move on…
Put loin on a smoker heated to 250 to 275 degrees.
Look at my sweet doggie, Summer. muah love that girl!
At 250 to 275 degrees it took 2 hours to smoke this 4-pound loin.
Test doneness with a meat thermometer, it’s the only way to accurately tell if the pork is cooked.
I use this meat thermometer, it’s different than the one in the photograph.
Stuffed Smoked Pork Loin
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 to 4 pound pork loin
- smoked sausage I used one about 10 inches long with a smoky flavor
- Heat grill or smoker to 250 to 275 degrees.
- Cut a pocket in loin and push sausage into the loin. Secure with a wooden skewer.
- Combine salt, pepper, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, mustard and chili powder in a small bowl. Rub on outside of loin.
- Place loin on grill or smoker, close lid and smoke 2 to 2.5 hours or until a thermometer inserted in center reaches 150 degrees. (Temp will rise as it sets. You want it to reach 160 at its' highest)
- Take off grill and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
You can also find great recipes at my recipe index