Get bakery-style that are buttery, soft, and fluffy with my Quick Blueberry Muffins. This recipe is a must-make, must-have in your breakfast recipe arsenal! These light and fluffy blueberry muffins are a delicious way to start the day. Did you know that if you start muffins out on a high temperature, you’ll get that puffed up, dome shape that all the coffee shops have? Isn’t that a great tip? How often do you make muffins? I have two go-to muffin recipes that my boys love. This Blueberry Muffin Recipe and Chocolate Chip Muffins. You’ll find both recipes very simple to make. The texture of these muffins is spot on! No dry muffins, thanks to the addition of vegetable oil.
Quick Blueberry Muffins
- If using muffin liners, lightly spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray. Muffins will be easier to remove.
- Don’t over mix the muffin batter! Overmixing will make the muffins tough. It’s ok if a few flour spots remain.
- Muffins will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for 3 days. Place in the refrigerator to keep for up to one week
- Easily reheat the muffins in the microwave.
- If blueberries aren’t in season, use frozen blueberries. Tossed them in 1 tablespoon of flour.
- As well, wrap cooled muffins individually in plastic wrap and store in a large freezer bag or airtight container. They will keep in the freezer for up to three months.
Quick Blueberry Muffins
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 and 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries I prefer frozen blueberries over canned blueberries.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and spray or line muffin tin.
- Combine the flour and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, then add oil and milk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined, there will be some lumps. Don't over stir or the muffins will be tough.
- Gently fold in blueberries, careful not to break them up. Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tin 3/4 full.
- Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes then lower the oven temperature to 400°F and cook another 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Serve immediately.