This homemade Small Batch Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe is easy to make in one bowl. They bake beautifully, tastes tender and buttery, and chocolate for breakfast always makes for a great day.
Even on busy mornings, you can enjoy a fresh muffin. Fresh, mot muffins with melted butter will make an average day extraordinary!
And if you have a small family, you don’t have to worry about leftovers. However, if you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge. To reheat, pop them in the microwave 10 to 15 seconds and they’ll be like freshly baked muffins.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe Tips
- Once the batter comes together, don’t over mix. Fold the chocolate chips in gently. If you over-mix muffin batter then you will end up with dense, tough, rubbery muffins.
- Use this scoop for uniform muffins. I like medium-sized muffins with a rounded dome.
- Don’t over bake- the tops will be golden brown and push back slightly when touched.
- I use this muffin tin.
- Allow the muffins to cool 3 to 5 minutes in the pan then remove them and cool on a wire rack. If you leave them in the pan to cool, they’ll get soggy.
- These muffins are best served warm with butter.
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container. Reheat them in the microwave for just a few seconds.
While you’re here, check out these recipes!
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a muffin tin with six muffin liners. If you're using a 12-tin muffin tin, use the 6 in the center.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk, beaten egg, and butter to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined, don't over mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips until just incorporated, don't overmix.
- Using a spring-release scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin tin, and bake for 16-20 minutes.