Coconut Sugar Slow Cooker Oatmeal is a healthy, hot breakfast to wake up to. Simply add the ingredients and set your slow cooker timer the night before and nutritious breakfast will be ready and waiting!
If you don’t have a slow cooker with a timer, cook then refrigerate the oats, and microwave to warm them when you’re ready!
COCONUT SUGAR SLOW COOKER OATMEAL
It’s very similar to regular table sugar, although it’s not as processed and contains minor amounts of nutrients. If you’re going to use coconut sugar, use it sparingly. Coconut sugar belongs in the same boat as most sugar alternatives. It’s healthier than refined sugar but definitely worse than no sugar at all.
Why coconut sugar is better than refined sugar
- Electrolytes – Coconut sugar contains potassium, magnesium, and sodium, which are all essential for regulating your body’s water content.
- Low Glycemic index – Regular table sugar has a glycemic index (GI) of 65, while coconut sugar has a GI of 35.
- Minerals – Coconut sugar contains iron, zinc, and calcium.
- Nitrogen – Nitrogen helps support the cardiovascular system and helps keep your heart healthy.
- Vitamin C supports your immune system and helps prevent you from getting sick.
- Antioxidants fight off the oxidation of cells in the body, which helps combat aging.
- Coconut sugar contains healthy fats caled Short-chain fatty acids.
- While standard table sugar is pure sucrose, coconut sugar only contains about 75 percent sucrose. The other 25 percent is composed of nutrients, fiber, and other “good stuff.”
- Inulin is a type of dietary fiber that helps keep your gut healthy, prevent colon cancer, and balance your blood sugar.
- Coconut sugar is an unprocessed product that comes straight from the coconut tree.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Healthy Oatmeal Date Breakfast Cookies
- Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats
- Easy Overnight Oats
- Greek Yogurt Berry Parfait
- Blueberry Mango Overnight Oats
Finally, the calorie and nutrient amounts will vary depending on the products you use. This is specifically what I used for the base. Click the title link to order.
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Nectresse Sweetened Slow Cooker Oatmeal
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ pinch salt
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- In a slow cooker, add milk, oats, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine everything.
- Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or until liquid is completely absorbed by oats. Stir in sugar.
- Add any toppings you like.