This is a quick, easy, and hard-to-eat-just-one recipe that’s great for parties, tailgating, and potlucks. They travel well. (Although, I do recommend substituting sprinkles or another topping instead of chocolate if it’s hot out and you’ll be outside.)
BUTTER FRITO BARS
If you’re familiar with Cornflake Cookies (a lot of school cafeterias served them) the base of this recipe is the same. Basically, I used Frito corn chips instead of cornflake cereal. Fritos offers a really nice salty crunch that pairs extremely well with the sweet peanut
These bars are no-bake and they only take just a few minutes to melt the peanut
Additionally, you can drop them by spoonfuls and make cookies, make them into a thin ‘bark’, or make them into a thicker bar as I did. I used a 9×13-inch baking pan. I liked the thickness this save made the bars.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT
BUTTER FRITO BARS
It’s really very simple. First, spread Frito corn chips in a parchment or foil-lined 9×13-inch baking pan.
Next, in a saucepan over medium heat, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Stir this mixture frequently to help dissolve the sugar and keep it from scorching on the bottom. Boil it for one minute then remove from heat and stir in the peanut
That’s it! So simple.
Furthermore, I added toffee bits and drizzled melted chocolate over the top. However, you can totally skip this part if you want. They are just as good with out it.
HOW TO STORE
- I prefer these bars best at room temperature. Keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
- Alternately, you can keep them fresh for longer in the fridge. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week.
CAN I FREEZE THESE BARS?
Yes, they freeze beautifully. To freeze, cut the bars into single servings and layer in a sealed container. You’ll need to place parchment paper between layers or they’ll stick together. They keep frozen for up to 3 months.
To serve from frozen, all the bars to thaw overnight on the counter.
YOU MAY ENJOY THESE VERY EASY RECIPES TOO!
- Oatmeal Caramel Crush Bars
- Graham Cracker Cookie Bars (Magic Cookie Bars)
- Pecan Pie Magic Cookie Bars
- Pecan Shortbread Toffee and Rolo Magic Cookie Bars
- Oreo Magic Bars
- Oatmeal Cookie and Cream Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Cookie and Cream Bars
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried these cookies? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Peanut Butter Frito Bars
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 10 -ounce bag Frito corn chips
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 2 – 3 ounces chocolate for drizzle, optional
- ⅓ cup toffee bits optional
- Spread corn chips in a greased 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Whisk and boil until the sugar is dissolved. (Approximately 1 minute.)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
- Evenly pour over the corn chips.
- Sprinkle the toffee bits over the top while the mixture is still warm. (This step is optional.)
- Melt the chocolate in a ziptop bag in the microwave in 30-second increments. Mash until smooth. Snip the corner with scissors and drizzle over the corn chips. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting.
- Store on the counter in an airtight container.