Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe are full of peanut butter, oats, M&Ms and Reese’s peanut butter cups. Yes, it’s chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!
And it’s a heavenly recipe!
I’ve had this blog for over three years now and I’m still surprised at the questions I get. The two most common questions are “What do you do with all that food you make?” and the second is more of a statement, “You mean you take all the pictures on your site?”
I’m really surprised by the second comment. Readers think I buy stock photos. No. I make all the photos for my recipes. And I’ve worked really, really hard at developing my photography skills.
It’s all a work in progress. I find some foods easier to photograph than others. This Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe was difficult. If you can’t tell by these photos, though, these cookies are AH-MAZING!!!
I filled them with chocolate! I put M&M candies and peanut butter cups in them. The dough was fantastic! It was so fantastic that I declared it a holiday! (You can follow me on Instagram for more laughs, if you’d like.)
Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Tips
- Use a spring release scoop to ensure all your cookies are the same size. This will allow them to cook more evenly and at the same time
- Space the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. This Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe will not spread much, them make a thick cookie.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transfering them to a wire rack. This will allow the cookies to firm up a little and prevent them from breaking apart when moving them.
Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature and soft
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups quick cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M candies
- 1 cup miniature peanut butter cups cut into forths, approximately 15 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and peanut butter.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and combine.
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in M&Ms and peanut butter cups by hand.
- I used a 2 tablespoon spring release scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 13 to 14 minutes until edges are crispy and center is set but still soft.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
If you like these Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe, you may also like
You may also like Pecan Pie Bread Pudding – e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y love it!!