Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe is full of peanut butter, oats, M&Ms, and Reese’s peanut butter cups. Yes, it’s chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate!
And it’s a heavenly recipe!
I’ve had this blog for over three years now and I’m still surprised at the questions I get. The two most common questions are “What do you do with all that food you make?” and the second is more of a statement, “You mean you take all the pictures on your site?”
I’m really surprised by the second comment. Readers think I buy stock photos. No. I make all the photos for my recipes. And I’ve worked really, really hard at developing my photography skills.
It’s all a work in progress. I find some foods easier to photograph than others. This cookie recipe was difficult. If you can’t tell by these photos, though, these cookies are AH-MAZING!!!
I filled them with chocolate! I put M&M candies and peanut butter cups in them. The dough was fantastic! It was so fantastic that I declared it a holiday! (You can follow me on Instagram for more laughs if you’d like.)
Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Tips
- Use a spring release scoop to ensure all your cookies are the same size. This will allow them to cook more evenly and at the same time
- Space the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. This Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe will not spread much, they make a thick cookie.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. This will allow the cookies to firm up a little and prevent them from breaking apart when moving them.
Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter at room temperature and soft
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats uncooked
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M candies
- 1 cup miniature peanut butter cups cut into forths approximately 15 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and combine.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in M&Ms and peanut butter cups by hand.
- I used a 2 tablespoon spring release scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 13 to 14 minutes until edges are crispy and center is set but still soft.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
If you like these Soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe, you may also like
You may also like Pecan Pie Bread Pudding – e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y loves it!!