Orange Cookie Cups, thick cookie cups are crispy on the outside, soft and buttery on the inside and stuffed with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting. They’re so irresistible, you can’t eat just one!!
If you want a quick dessert that’s easy to mix together and bakes quickly, this is the recipe for you!
These orange Cookie Cups may look like muffins, but no no no, they’re cookies smushed in a mini-muffin tin and filled with icing!
You can absolutely make these into traditional cookies. Fact is, they’re fabulous as cookies. I just
needed wanted something a little different so I smushed them into muffin tins. When you bake cookies in muffin tin, they don’t poof up in the center like the pretty dome-shaped bakery muffins. They kind of stay flat or mine usually have a little dip in the center. I actually like this because it’s great to fill with frosting, jam, whipped cream, or chocolate!
I filled these cookies with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting. Can you say ‘drool-worthy‘? The cookie cup is crispy on the outside. It’s tender and buttery on the inside. The smooth cream cheese icing with a hint of orange zest is the perfect topping. There are two bites of bliss and totally worth running extra to burn off.
Since these cookie cups are small, they bake quickly and make an easy dessert if you’ve been asked to bring a snack to a luncheon or just want to make a neighbor, teacher or friend smile.
- 2/3 cup butter at room temperature I used salted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice I used low-pulp, store bought
- 1 tablepsoon orange zest
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon saltOrange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8- ounce packages room temperature cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest zest from one large orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the orange juice to the mixer.
- Mix until the dough is smooth.
- Using a medium scoop (1 and 1/2 tablepsoon to 2 tablespoon in size) scoop the dough into mini- muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to set in the muffin tins about 5 minutes before carefully removing to a wie rack to cool.
- When cool frost with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until well blended. Add sugar and beat until smooth, then add orange peel and vanilla. Spoon frosting in a large zip-top bag. Snip the corner off the bag and fill cookie cups. Store any un-used frosting in the refrigerate.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Click picture for more cookie cup recipes