Orange Cookie Cups, thick cookie cups are crispy on the outside, soft and buttery on the inside and stuffed with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting. They’re so irresistible, you can’t eat just one!!
If you want a quick dessert that’s easy to mix together and bakes quickly, this is the recipe for you!
These orange Cookie Cups may look like muffins, but no no no, they’re cookies smushed in a mini-muffin tin and filled with icing!
You can absolutely make these into traditional cookies. The fact is, they’re fabulous as cookies. I just
needed wanted something a little different so I smushed them into muffin tins. When you bake cookies in a muffin tin, they don’t poof up in the center like the pretty dome-shaped bakery muffins. They kind of stay flat or mine usually have a little dip in the center. I actually like this because it’s great to fill with frosting, jam, whipped cream, or chocolate!
I filled these cookies with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting. Can you say ‘drool-worthy‘? The cookie cup is crispy on the outside. It’s tender and buttery on the inside. The smooth cream cheese icing with a hint of orange zest is the perfect topping. There are two bites of bliss and totally worth running extra to burn off.
Since these cookie cups are small, they bake quickly and make an easy dessert if you’ve been asked to bring a snack to a luncheon or just want to make a neighbor, teacher or friend smile.
Orange Cookie Cups
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the orange juice to the mixer.
- Mix until the dough is smooth.
- Using a medium scoop (1 and 1/2 tablepsoon to 2 tablespoon in size) scoop the dough into mini- muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to set in the muffin tins about 5 minutes before carefully removing to a wie rack to cool.
- When cool frost with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
Click picture for more cookie cup recipes