Meet your new favorite cookie, Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies!! This cookie is chewy and crispy. It’s salty and chocolaty. They are pretty much perfection!
I know you think all I make are snacks and desserts. It’s true I do love a good gooey dessert and sometimes I make a dessert that I’m just simply craving. Most of the time though, when I make desserts I’m making them for a party or function or event that someone has asked me to make. They’re usually for my boys’ activities eight out of ten times! That’s perfectly fine with me since I need to cook and they a snack!
Today I made a sweet and salty cookie. For a long time, I didn’t understand the salty and sweet phenomenon. Now, I totally get it. Salty and sweet are the perfect yin and yang.
I’m not a chip eater, but I imagine this would be the perfect way to use those last crunched up chips in the bottom of the bag. Unless you like eating those last bits with a spoon.
I haven’t shared a chocolate chip cookie recipe with you, but everybody and their Momma has a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Therefore, I wanted something different. You deserve it.
Speaking of chocolate chip cookies, did you know that Americans eat 7 billion Chocolate chip cookies each year? That, my friend, is a lot of cookies. There are probably 1 million different chocolate chip cookie recipes out there! And, now there is one more 🙂
Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies Tips
- First, use a silicone mat. I use a Silpat brand. Besides being easier to clean up, using a silicone baking mat allows the cookie to ‘grab’ onto something as it cooks. This aids in making a thicker, softer cookie which I like.
- Next, use a quick-release scoop to get all your cookies the same size. Not only will they look more professional, but they’ll also cook more evenly.
- As well, cool your cookie sheet between cooking each batch. A hot sheet makes the dough begin to melt before getting into the oven, which makes them bake unevenly. They’ll tend to have thin crisp edges and thick, undercooked centers.
- Freeze batter and cook later.
Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate chips in this recipe
- 1 cup ruffled potato chips coarse crushed, not fine crush
- Cream butter with sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- By hand add the chocolate chips and the potato chips. Fold in until evenly distributed.
- Use a quick release scoop to scoop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet (Make sure it's a cookie sheet that will fit into your refrigerator.)
- Chill a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.