Super easy and quick, Honey Cornbread Muffins is the classic bread side for Southerners. This simple recipe is much better and just as easy as the boxed mix.
The perfect cornbread muffin is crisp around the edges, not too sweet, and has a fluffy texture.
Cornbread takes just minutes to mix together. I like baking cornbread in muffin tins instead of a cast-iron skillet simply because it bakes faster. However, you can bake them in a skillet or even a cake or pie pan.
Furthermore, even those my recipe has honey in it, these cornbread muffins aren’t sweet.
HONEY CORNBREAD MUFFINS
The full recipe with ingredients is below in the printable recipe card.
- Preheat the oven.
- Grease your muffin tin or line with cupcake liners or silicone liners.
- Next, in a medium bowl, mix the butter, honey, milk, and eggs.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, cornmeal.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. Fold in the corn
- Stir until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Using a spring release scoop, scoop the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake until golden brown.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES!
- Soft Fluffy Yeast Rolls
- Cream Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
- Whole Wheat Flour Pizza Dough
- Sweet Onion Corn Bread
- Crazy Bread: Master Dough for Everything
- Crazy Bread Dough Focaccia
- Easy Pizza Dough
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Did your family love these muffins? Be sure to leave a 5-star rating and a comment below!
Honey Cornbread Muffins
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Next, in a medium bowl, mix butter, honey, milk, and eggs. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, cornmeal.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture stir until just combined. Fold in corn.
- Using a spring-release scoop, fill muffin tins ¾ full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.