A simple filling of steak and cream cheese makes these Steak Stuffed Jalapenos wrapped in bacon a popular appetizer.
I challenged Big Daddy, aka Wesley, aka my other half, to create one recipe each month for callmepmc.com. His assignment? A manly dish.
Lord knows, when it comes to meat, I could really care less. But, considering this is the most searched for recipe on Call Me PMc and steak and more steak are also very popular, even with the craptastic photos are very popular, I realize the demand for beef, hearty meaty recipes. I’m just a scared of whay he may come up with. The last time he made something he stuffed pork in pork and threw it on the grill! I don’t know about that, but readers like it!
So what category should I put his recipes in? Big Daddy’s Dishes, Wesley’s grub, Manly food, Real Men Cook, Hunting camp food?? Leave a suggestion in the comments.
You may also enjoy these recipes
For those of you that love a little spice, but need a little hearty as well, these Steak Stuffed Jalapenos are perfect. We used chuck eye steak, but any cheaper cut would work. I wouldn’t use filet, but you certainly could.
Chuckeye steak is the more fatty end of a ribeye, but it’s much cheaper. It’s often referred to as the ‘poor man’s ribeye’. It’s a good alternative to a ribeye with a little more fat and a little less tender. Most people can’t tell the difference though. Give them an extra beer before serving and they’ll never know it’s not a ribeye.
But where does it come from?
A ribeye is cut from the 6th rib to the 12th rib of the cow. A chuck eye is cut from the 5th rib. I don’t know these things, I asked my butcher.
- fresh jalapenos, make sure they’re firm
- cream cheese, although you could sub Monterrey Jack, Havarti, gouda, any creamy mild cheese
- thin cut bacon, thin cut
- chuck eye steak
- seasoning, really you can go bold or simple salt and pepper
Steak Stuffed Jalapenos
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 large jalapenos washed, cut in half add inside scrapped clean
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound chuck eye steak or your choice cut, cut into 8 strips
- 8 slices thin cut bacon cut in half
- 3 ounces cream cheese at room temperature cut into 8 pieces
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise, using a spoon clean out seeds.
- Cut steak against the grain into 8 strips slightly smaller than the jalapeno.
- Spoon the cream cheese into the pepper
- Add the un-cooked steak to the pepper and wrap the bacon around the jalapeno trying not to overlap the pepper. Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or skillet to medium heat or abuot 300 degrees.
- Rotate pepper to cook on all sides.
- Cook until bacon is crisp.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
More from Big Daddy