Ham Cheese and Potato Frittata
Three popular ingredients make this big baked omelet a crowd-pleaser. This Ham Cheese and Potato Frittata make a filling breakfast, brunch or breakfast-for-dinner meal.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups hashbrown potatoes diced, thawed. I used the kind with onions and peppers.
- 1 cup ham diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt you may use sour cream
- 2.5 ounce brie cheese cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- garnish with green onions and tomatoes if desired
Heat 9 inch saute pan or skillet on medium heat. This pan needs to be non-stick and oven-proof.
Heat oven to 375°F
Add oil to the pan, when hot add potatoes to the pan and cook until heated.
Add ham, salt and pepper, and heat.
In a bowl, whisk eggs with yogurt.
Pour egg mixture over potatoes and ham.
Reduce heat to low so the bottom doesn't burn.
Stir, pulling eggs off the bottom until eggs begin to thicken slightly.
Place cheese on top of eggs and place pan in the oven to finish cooking.
Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are crisp and center is set.
Eggs will continue to cook a few minutes after removing from the oven.
Serve straight from pan or invert onto a serving platter.
- Most oven-proof pans will not have a plastic handle, but will be made completely of a medal. If you're unsure if your pan is oven-safe, check the manufacturer. A cast-iron skillet is oven proof.
- This frittata is great served with fresh fruit for breakfast or a green salad for brinner.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 231mg | Sodium: 503mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 359IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg