Mashed Parmesan Potato Cakes
A gourmet way to use leftover mashed potatoes. You'll find these loaded Mashed Potato Cakes full of parmesan and spices.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 cakes
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon green onion minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese can substitute your favorite cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Serve iwth sour cream Ranch dressing or Easy Remoulade Sauce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup crumbled bacon.
- 2 tablespoon canola oil for cooking
- green onion slivers for garnish
Mix mashed potatoes, egg, onion, cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder together.
Using an ice cream for uniform sizes scoop out mixture and flatten with hand to form a disc.
Dredge in panko bread crumbs.
Heat a skillet or saute' pan to med high, once hot add oil. When oil beginsn to ripple add potato cakes. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown before turning to other side. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes until second side is browned.
Carefully remove to platter