Black Eyed Pea Salad Stuffed Avocados
Black Eyed Pea Salad Stuffed Avocados is a salad mix of black beans, corn, black eyed peas, tomatoes and basil. This salad has a bright and light flavor. It's filling and satisfying in addition to be nutritious!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 2 to 4 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juiceSalad
- 1 15- ounce can black eyed peas with or without jalapenos, rinsed and drained
- 1 15- ounce can black beans rinsed and drained.
- 1 15- ounce can shoepeg or whole kernel corn drained
- 2 green onions sliced thinly
- 1- pint cherry or grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped basil Adjust to your liking.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to tasteSauce
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar you can use a sugar substitute, adjust amount to your liking
Whisk sauce ingredients together.
Mix salad ingredients together and add sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Just before serving, half avocados and brush with lemon juice.
Fill with salad mixture and serve.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.