Skinny Turkey Meatball Tortellini Soup
This Skinny Turkey Meatball Tortellini Soup is packed with fresh flavors, very satisfying and super easy to make! Please read the narrative of my post for tips and substitutions.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated (For best flavor, I recommend this, not this.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil like this
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 3 medium carrots sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 32 -ounces chicken broth I used Organic, reduced-sodium
- 9 ounce cheese tortellini example
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 cups spinach fresh
In a large nonstick pot or Dutch oven, melt coconut oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and meatballs. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring to brown the meatballs on all sides.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini, red pepper, black pepper, and salt. Cook tortellini according to package directions, usually about 7 minutes.
Once tortellini is cooked. Turn off heat and add spinach. Stir. Serve and top with Parmesan cheese
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Thank you, Paula
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1615mg | Potassium: 795mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 9307IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 4mg