Creamy Italian Sausage Soup Recipe
Creamy Italian Sausage Soup Recipe is cozy and comforting! A simple and deliciously warming winter soup recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Servings 10 servings
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 cup carrots peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces pasta cooked to al dente
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces spinach fresh, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream or half & half, or low-fat mixture listed above
- ½ cup Parmesan grated, optional
In a large Dutch oven, cook the sausage on medium heat until browned. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Add the onion and carrots to the Dutch oven and cook for 5 minutes or until they're soft. Add the garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until its fragrant. Stir occasionally to keep it from burning.
Whisk in the flour and cook it for one minute, stirring continuously.
Gradually add the chicken broth. Whisk to combine. Cook until the mixture almost comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and allow it to cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the sausage, pasta, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, spinach, and heavy cream. Stir. Simmer 5 to 6 minutes.
Serve hot with grated Parmesan if desired.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 1001mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4472IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 2mg