Slow Cooker Bourbon Whiskey Meatballs
Meatballs are the quintessential party food and my Slow Cooker Bourbon Whiskey Meatballs are perfect for large potlucks or cocktails for a dozen of your friends. The recipe is versatile and economical, as well as, of course, delicious.
Servings 50 meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to your taste
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil*
- 1/2 cup bourbon see notes below
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce or to taste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
To make the meatballs, mix together the ground beef and ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, salt garlic, thyme, pepper, cayenne pepper, bourbon, and Worcestershire sauce.
Shape the meatballs into 1 to 1 and 1/2 inch diameter.
Add meatballs to slow cooker.
Combine Sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs.
Cover and cook in slow cooker 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours on high.
Spoon sauce over meatballs as needed. Serve.
See notes below for tips and substitutions. Stovetop cooking directions.
- On medium heat, add oil to a large skillet.
- Place meatballs in a skillet, don't overcrowd. You may need to cook in batches.
- Brown on all sides (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Remove cooked meatballs from the pan and set aside.
- Drain off the excess grease and add the sauce ingredients to the pan.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs back to the pan, toss to coat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 39IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg