Mexican Meatloaf recipe
Cilantro, cumin, chorizo and green chiles give this Mexican Meatloaf recipe a spicy spin.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 and ½ pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 and ½ pound beef chorizo sausage
- 4 ounce green chiles undrained
- 8 ounce tomatoes diced, drained
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips finely crushed
- 1/4 cup onion
- 3 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro dried
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Garnish: lettuce tomato, cilantro, salsa, cheese, sour cream, black olives
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef and chorizo until well combined.
Mix in green chiles, diced tomatoes, garlic, cumin, cilantro, eggs, onion, salt, pepper, tortilla chips, enchilada sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Combine until well blended.
On a roasting rack, form meat mixture into a log.
Bake 35 minutes until outside is browned.
Combine sauce ingredients: enchilada sauce and brown sugar. Spread over meatloaf reserving 1/3 cup for dipping.
Cook another 10 minutes with sauce on top.
Garnish as desired.
- Be sure to read the post for details on ingredients and substitutions.
- Heat the reserved sauce in the microwave 30 to 40 seconds to dissolve the sugar and serve with meatloaf.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 353IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3mg