Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Casserole
An easy breakfast or brunch keto-friendly casserole, great for casual weekends as well as Christmas morning. It's full of cheese, bacon, and jalapenos. #breakfast #eggs #casserole #jalapeno #jalapenopopper #keto #recipes #Christmasmorning #brunch #easy
Servings 10 servings
- 12 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream at room temperature (or half & half, whole milk, 2% milk can be used but it won't be as creamy)
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and chopped, about 6 whole strips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes, at room temperature
- 2 fresh jalapenos sliced (pickled, jarred jalapenos can be used)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the egg mixture. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the cheese.
Sprinkle bacon then jalapeno slices over the cheese.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Continue cooking 5 minutes or until the center is cooked.
Serve hot or warm.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 311mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 983IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 1mg