Melted Ice Cream Bundt Cake is super simple and ultra-moist using convenient ingredients like cake mix and melted ice cream. This recipe will become a go-to dessert for you because it’s so easy and versatile.
If you like the recipes in this blog, consider subscribing and getting all new posts by email.
MELTED ICE CREAM BUNDT CAKE
Did you know you can actually use melted ice cream in almost any cake instead of milk or heavy cream? Yep, it’s a great tip to know in case you run out of milk.
This cake is only similar in the fact that it has melted ice cream in it. This cake is chocolate and starts with a cake mix. It’s super simple to make and it actually tastes like a homemade cake.
TIPS FOR THE BEST MELTED ICE CREAM BUNDT CAKE
Be sure that your ice cream is fully melted before use. Simply leave ice cream inside the container, at room temperature, for 30 minutes to one hour before use. You def don’t want to leave it out for an extended period of time before using it.
You can mix this cake as well as the glaze either with an electric mixer or by hand. It really is so easy I typically whisk it by hand instead of having to get the mixer out. I generally like to mix any recipe with powdered sugar with a mixer. Powdered sugar can be so ornery unless you sift it (a couple of times) before mixing.
You can mix things up and use a different flavor cake mix and ice cream to get a different flavor profile!
Since this cake is so easy to make (you literally can dump all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.) it’s great to make with kids. It’s very hard to mess up cake mix cake.
WHAT KIND OF ICE CREAM CAN I USE?
Any good quality ‘real’ ice cream. Definitely don’t use low-fat or ice milk.
WHAT CAKE MIX DO I NEED?
Most stores carry at least Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, or Pillsbury. You can’t go wrong with any of those brands.
CAN I ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS?
Absolutely, I would add 1.5 to 2 cups of chocolate chips. I prefer dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips but use your favorite.
HOW ABOUT SOME MORE YUMMY DESSERT RECIPES?
- Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake
- Bananas Foster Pound Cake
- Strawberry & Cream Pound Cake
- Mardi Gras King Cake
- Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding
Be sure to save this by pinning it to your dessert Pinterest board and follow CallMePMc on Pinterest
Melted Ice Cream Bundt Cake w/Vanilla Glaze
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 15.25 ounce box Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 16 ounces ben & Jerry's Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake ice cream completely melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and melted ice cream. Beat it until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour mixture inside the bundt pan and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes. Watch closely.
- A few minutes before your cake is done baking, combine ingredients for your vanilla glaze. In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and milk.
- Mix until well combined and there are no lumps. Set glaze aside.
- When the cake has completed baking, carefully remove it from the oven. Place a wire cooling rack on top of the bundt pan before turning the pan over and allowing the cake to cool on top of the wire racking. Your cake should come loose from the pan without any trouble.
- Spoon out the glaze around the top of the cake allowing gravity and heat to carry the glaze down the edges.
- Using a sharp knife or spatula, cut the cake and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This tasted so amazing! Thanks a lot for sharing this super easy to make recipe! Fam really loves it! Will surely have this again! Highly recommended!