Rocky Road Hot Chocolate everyone’s favorite campout dessert is turned into a hot and comforting drink! This recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious!
I have always loved hot chocolate. It’s my coffee and I drink a big mug throughout the year!
My boys love hot chocolate more than anything! I’m not exaggerating when I say that either. They love it so much that I had to stop making hot chocolate for breakfast during the school week so they would hurry, eat and not be late! I just knew when I found this Rocky Road Hot Chocolate recipe that their heads would explode with excitement.
ROCKY ROAD HOT CHOCOLATE
Combining one of their favorite campfire desserts with their favorite drink pretty much sealed my fate as ‘Best Mom Ever’ … to them anyway!
According to a new survey by Wakefield Research, watching movies tops the list of Americans’ favorite indoor winter activities, followed by reading books and playing games. The top outdoor wintertime activity for Americans is building a snowman, followed by starting a snowball fight and sledding. Additionally, nearly 70 percent of Americans agree that hot chocolate is the drink that reminds them most of their childhood. So if you’re looking to bring back carefree moments from winters past, try TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow hot!
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Spiked Pineapple Lemonade
- Gin Spiked Cucumber Lemonade
- Sunset Margarita
- 9 Margaritas to Make Now
- Pickle Martini
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Rocky Road Hot Chocolate
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 cups Chocolate milk I used TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow milk
- 1/4 cup graham crackers coarsely broken
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Garnish: chocolate chips, graham cracker pieces, mini marshmallows, toasted almonds
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow milk, graham crackers, and vanilla until milk is hot.
- Pour into mugs. Garnish with chocolate chips, graham crackers, toasted almonds, and mini marshmallows* if desired.
- *If desired, broil mini marshmallows until lightly browned before garnishing. Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Recipe 2 cups TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow milk1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon1/2 teaspoon ground gingerDash ground cloves In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow milk, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves just until boiling. Remove from heat. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and favorite gingerbread cookies if desired. To heat in a microwave oven, combine the above ingredients in a glass measure. Heat on High for 1 minute or until warmed through. Garnish as above. Serves 2.
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Michelle ~ My Gluten-free Kitchen says
The chocolate marshmallow milk sounds like something my kids would love, and you using it to make Rocky Road Hot Chocolate is amazing!! Sounds perfect for a cold, rainy day like we’re having today!
Rocky road hot chocolate is such a great idea! The marshmallow milk sounds incredible and I love that you added graham crackers!
Sarah @ The Gold Lining Girl says
This looks so rich and decadent! Love this idea!
amanda @ fake ginger says
Marshmallow milk?! Why do I never see these things?!
Serene @ House of Yumm says
Love how you added the graham cracker to this! My family would love me for making them this 🙂
That looks so yummy!
Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) says
I must get some of this! My kids would love this little treat!
Chandra@The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen says
I am really liking this hot chocolate! I need to try it soon.
Tonia from TheGunnySack says
I’ve never met a hot chocolate I don’t love but this rocky road version sounds amazing!
I didn’t even know roady road hot chocolate was possible, but you did it and I love it!
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons says
You had me at rocky road! <3
I agree! Thanks Jenn!