Shelled Crispy Parmesan Garlic Edamame is a healthy recipe that’s high in protein and fiber. It’s great as a snack and ready in 15 minutes.
As well, my recipe for Shelled Crispy Parmesan Garlic Edamame is great alone as a snack, as a side dish to almost anything, and a great salad or pasta topper.
Shelled Crispy Parmesan Garlic Edamame
- I highly recommend lining your pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. As well, I recommend spraying it with non-stick vegetable spray. The cheese melts and sticks to the pan if not.
- Additionally, I like the nuttiness the sesame seed oil gives this recipe. If you don’t have it on hand, you can use all olive oil, canola (or another vegetable) oil, coconut oil, etc.
- Edamame is somewhat bland. Even with the salty Parmesan, I feel it needs the sprinkled on top. However, adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- As well, I prefer the grate my cheese instead of using the finely grated pre-shredded cheese.
- Finally, edamame tends to dry out quickly. Watch close and don’t overcook.
A healthy snack recipe, Shelled Crispy Parmesan Garlic Edamame is high in protein and fiber. Ready in 15 minutes, it's great alone, as a snack, a side, or on salads and in wraps.
- 10 to 12- ounce bag shelled edamame
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seed oil you can use all olive oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground garlic
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
Line a cookie sheet or sheet pan with aluminum foil
My edamame came in a bag so instead of dirtying a bowl, I cut the end off the bag and added the oil to the bag. Then I held the end closed with my hand and shook it until the oil had coated the edamame.
Spread the edamame on the prepared sheet pan in a single layer.
Evenly sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic, and cheese over the edamame.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through, cheese is melted and a little crispy.
Cool slightly and serve.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Thank you, Paula
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.