Strawberry Citrus Sangria is cheery and bright, simple and fruity. And, I’m positive that you’ll love it!
Strawberry and citrus may seem like a summer cocktail, but this Strawberry Citrus Sangria is good any time of year.
I haven’t shared a cocktail for months and now I’ve shared two in two weeks! If you missed it, I shared Red Wine Citrus Sangria Recipe the other day. It just so happens that today, December 20th, is National Sangria Day! I know, who knew?! I never make special post for food holidays, but I’m feeling festive and since I had this unique Strawberry Citrus Sangria recipe in my back pocket I decided to share.
Sangria is an uncomplicated mix of wine, spirits, sweeteners, and fruits.
I’m able to get good tasting strawberries and oranges all year. I paired those two fruits with a pinot noir and the result was a refreshing cocktail. It’s a fun, festive drink. Just look at how pretty it is!
Strawberry Citrus Sangria
- Remember, with any sangria allow it to sit in the refrigerator so the fruit and wine will infuse each other with their wonderful flavors.
- Sangria makes a great cocktail if you’re throwing a party. You can ‘doll’ up an inexpensive bottle of wine. You can also stretch the servings since other ingredients are added.
- Brandy is traditionally used in sangria, but you may substitute your favorite liquor.
- To add some zing, try adding club soda, ginger ale, ginger beer, or lemon-lime soda to your sangria.
- And, if you like a sweeter drink, add agave nectar, honey, or simple syrup.
- With this variety of components, you can have fun experimenting with different flavor combos and find your favorite sangria mix.
If you don’t want to experiment, enjoy my recipe below!
Strawberry Citrus Sangria
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1/2 cup grand Marnier
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 whole orange sliced
- 1 whole lime sliced
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes sliced
- 1 cup club soda
- Mix all ingredients except club soda.
- Stir and chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Before serving add club soda.
- Garnish with fruit.
Pink Salty Dog Cocktail recipe
Teri Giese says
Awesome cocktail recipes Paula! Pin and print! TIS the season,and although am not a big lush or anything,nice to snag a good recipe for them to make at home. So many new boozes and cocktails! Yikes, showing my age! Not know by my Pinterest boards! Jello shots, pudding shots. Thanks, and also for many other recipes I have used of yours.Important to know you are appreciated for the work that goes into your blog.Happy Holidays, and a very Blessed New Year!