Hi there! Welcome to Call Me PMc.com. Thanks for stopping by! I’m Paula or PMc as friends call me. (See how I got that nickname here.) I’m married to a kind, awesome, funny, intelligent, and all around wonderful guy, Wesley. I have two beautiful, sweet and funny boys, Lincoln and Ryder who keep me busy and keep me laughing! I love to cook, bake, entertain, run, and garden. I won the Mississippi Magazine 2011 Recipe Contest and everybody started asking me for recipes. I started this blog to share my recipes with friends.
If you’re new to callmepmc.com, you may want to read this post “New? Start Here“.
You can email me here: callmepmc(at)gmail(dot)com
I primarily post recipes that are easy to prepare while retaining amazing flavor! I have recipes with just 3 Ingredients, recipes that take under 30 minutes to prepare, manly recipes from my husband, and I even have suggestions for leftovers or what I call Encore meals! You’ll definitely want to sign up for my email so you don’t miss a single recipe!
I have always been obsessed with cookbooks and recipes. I’ve collected recipes since I was a teenager. I read cookbooks like most people read novels. My first experiences cooking was baking at age eight. My mother allowed me try anything I wanted in the kitchen as long as I cleaned up after myself. She’s an Angel! It wasn’t until my college years that I began cooking savory foods. I had still rather cook desserts. I had rather eat desserts, actually!
I’m a Southern gal and I can’t imagine living any where else. I live in Tupelo, MS, population 35,000. Tupelo is most famous for being the birthplace of Elvis Presley. That fact still brings thousands of tourists to Tupelo annually. Most recently, we’ve become notable for having a much sought after Toyota plant that started producing Corollas in the Fall of 2011.
Tupelo is the kind of small town that when you forget to pick up your kids from swim an acquaintance can find your number and call you. And, if you forget your kids again from swim another Mother will call you and watch after them until you get there…. not that I know this first hand or anything!
Here are some random facts about me:
- I was extremely shy growing up.
- I hate fingernail polish.
- I like bananas. I hate bananas cooked in anything.
- I like to cook. I love to bake. I hate cleaning up afterwards.
- I love to run. I. Love. To. Run!
- I am very impatient.
- I love exclamation points!!!!
- I’m sarcastic.
- I did not want a dog. I fought my husband and kids to not get a dog. It worked for 10 years. Now, we have a dog. She’s the sweetest dog ever! I don’t know why we didn’t get a dog before now…..
- I love Oxford, Ole Miss, The Grove, tailgating, and The Square. I love SEC football.
- I love Greek yogurt. I also love rice cakes.
- I hate carpool.
- Stopping to take pictures while I’m cooking is the hardest thing to get used to doing. Ryder asked me right after I started the blog, “Mommie, why are you taking pictures of food?”
- I have a B.S. in Education and never taught school. Before I retired (as Wesley likes to say) I was in banking.
- I only forgot to pick by kids up three times from swim!
Contact me at callmepmc(at)gmail(dot)com
My food philosophy
I believe everything in moderation. On callmepmc.com, you’ll find rich, decadent desserts, but you’ll also find healthier and lighter foods. That’s how I eat and live. I’m sure not going to pass up dessert, but I balance that with a tasty salad and an extra run.
I love cooking classic recipes that bring back memories. I also enjoy updating classics in new and unique ways. I use familiar flavors such as German Chocolate Cake and make German Chocolate Cheesecake out of those flavors.
On callmepmc.com you’ll find
- Restaurant remakes
- American Classic Comfort Food
- Healthy options
- Easy weeknight dinner options with a gourmet flare
Or to ensure you don’t miss a post, sign up for email. I will send you one email each week with all my latest information.
I’ve been in these Publications.
eat. drink. MISSISSIPPI. October/November 2012, May 2015
Contributed to HottyToddy.com
Featured in Oscala Online Magazine – Tackling Tailgating!
Featured on CNN.com about tailgating: Talking Tailgating Beyond BBQ and Beer
Featured in Tupelo Family Ties Magazine June 2014
This is my first post to be accepted to FoodGawker
Cooking with Sister, Andulusia Star News
Cooking with Sister, Daily Journal
Something Swanky 12-14 to 3-15
Visit my Amazon Store, where you’ll find products I use and recommend!
To live life to the fullest, enjoy the journey and be the best person I can be.