Jalapeno Feta Dip is creamy, tangy, and spicy. It’s packed with flavor, topped with crispy breadcrumbs, and baked to dipping perfection!
Jalapeno Feta Dip is one of my favorite hot dips to serve when entertaining.
After I made Boshamps Feta Dip I’ve been obsessed with feta dip. And, while I love that dip because it’s tart and tangy, I thought a little heat would be good. I popped in some jalapenos and love the kick it gives this Jalapeno Feta Dip.
If it were acceptable I would eat dips and appetizers all the time. I love to nibble and snack. In fact, often times that drives my husband nuts. He wants three big square meals while I want to snack all day. Which category do you fall into?
Jalapeno Feta Dip
- First of all, you can use fresh, pickled, or my Candied Sweet Heat Pickled Jalapeno Recipe. I have used all of them and any of the jalapenos makes a great dip so use what you have on hand.
- Don’t leave out the lemon juice or zest. It cuts the richness and really adds to the recipe.
- Optional step, top with panko bread crumbs for a little crunch. If you don’t top with bread crumbs, you can heat the dip in the microwave until hot. If you top it with bread crumbs, they won’t toast in the microwave, therefore, I recommend baking in the oven until hot.
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ to ⅓ cup chopped jalapenos*
- ⅛ teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Panko bread crumbs, optional
- Stir the cream cheese and mayonnaise together until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and celery seeds,
- Carefully stir in feta cheese and chopped jalapenos, being careful not to break up the crumbles too much.
- Spoon into an oven-safe dish, top with panko (if desired), and cook 15 to 20 and minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot with crackers or chips.