Boshamps Feta Dip is cheesy, creamy, tangy, and takes just minutes to whip up! You can serve it with bread, pita wedges, or naan. It’s also good with fresh vegetables.
I modeled this dip recipe after my new favorite dip from Boshamps Restaurant in Destin, Florida. Actually, on the menu, it’s listed as True Alabama Feta Cheese Dip. Call it what you want, it’s amazing!
Boshamps Feta Dip
I enjoy nibbling and prefer small plates and dips so I get a bite or two of a lot of different items. I’d eat this way every night if I could.
When I travel I especially like to try all the things. Destin, Florida is one of my favorite vacation places. It’s close and easy to get to for a few days of rest and sun. There are always my favorite restaurants that I have to go to each visit, but there are always new restaurants to try. That’s why I wrote this post on My Favorite Destin Restaurants. It helps me keep track and I hope it helps you as well.
Boshamps is a favorite and I fell in love with their Feta cheese dip. Actually, I love it so much I had to recreate it because I need it in my life more than once or twice a year!
Alabama Feta Cheese Dip Tips
The biggest mistake I made when I first started making this recipe is making 8 ounces of feta cheese. Now, I always, always double the ingredients listed below. If you don’t eat it all you store it in the fridge and it’ll be good for a couple of days.
It’s good as a stand-alone dip, but it’s also good on gyros and falafel.
I loaded this dip recipe with cream cheese, garlic, and a squeeze of lemon to brighten the flavor. You can serve it hot or cold. If I heat it I usually heat it in the microwave, or oven, and serve it hot with toasted pita wedges, toasted baguette slices, or your favorite sturdy chip or cracker. Seriously though, it’s just as good cold.
As well, I like to add this dip to my Charcuterie Platter instead of hummus to change it up. Or, if I’m serving a large crowd, I serve it in addition to hummus.
Boshamps Feta Dip Recipe
- You may be tempted to leave out the lemon in this recipe. I tend to do that often if I don’t have one on hand. Don’t do it with this recipe. The squeeze of lemon, literally, makes a huge difference in this recipe. A squeeze of tart lemon juice cuts through some of the richness of the cheese and cream cheese and offers a bright twist that’s much needed.
- Use as much of the zest as you can get from one lemon. Also, use as much lemon juice as you can squeeze from one lemon. Usually, you can get one teaspoon of lemon zest and about one tablespoon of lemon juice from one lemon. Therefore, those are the quantities I listed. If you can get a little more, do it.
More Fan-Favorite Dips
- Creamy Barbecue Shrimp Recipe
- Boozy Strawberry Iced Tea
- Lemon Curd Filled Hawaiian Rolls
- Sticky Toffee Date Cake with Caramel Sauce
- Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
I updated this post from an earlier version dated October 15, 2017. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Boshamps Feta Dip
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- Mix the cream cheese and mayonnaise together until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper, and black pepper,
- Carefully stir in feta cheese, being careful not to break up the crumbles too much.
- Put in a microwave-safe dish and heat on high 30 seconds. Stir and heat another 30 seconds, repeating as needed to heat the dip through.
- Transfer to a serving dip and top with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Serve hot with crackers or chips.
I want the recipe for the Mac n cheese there please!!
I’m not sure what Mac n cheese recipe you’re referring to?
Joy P says
I’m currently at Boshamps and just had this dip. So excited to find your recipe! This stuff is awesome!
That’s one of my favorite restaurants! Everything there is good 🙂
Jordan Stewart says
Let me know when you figure out the spinach artichoke dip recipe! It’s my favorite spin dip ever! I’m sad I only get to enjoy it when I go to Destin.
Phillip Cook says
Nice! We just ate a boshamps for the first time this year and we go to Destin almost every year. Did not try this but it sounds delicious.
Rachel Lee says
My husband and I have been trying to duplicate this recipe forever! We are from Destin and we LOVE Boshamps!! I’ve tried getting this recipe from them forever. We have had it close but didn’t put mayo or cream cheese in it. After trying again tonight husband googled it and found your page! Making another batch now!!
I just want the dip when I go there! So happy you liked the recipe!
This looks really good. I love feta.