Boshamps Feta Dip is cheesy, creamy, tangy, and takes just minutes to whip up! It’s modeled after my new favorite dip from Boshamps Restaurant in Destin, Florida and it is amazing!
I first had the Boshamps Feta Dip in August when I went on a girls trip to the beach. It was my first girls trip to the beach in a very long time. It was fun sitting around drinking cocktails and dining on appetizers and dips. If I had my way I’d have small plates and dips every night for dinner.
We go to Destin, Florida with the family every year but all the boys eat big and a lot. I don’t get to munch on appetizers. That’s why I wrote this post on My Favorite Destin Restaurants. With them, we’ve tried, I feel like, all of the restaurants.
I loaded this dip recipe with cream cheese, garlic, and a squeeze of lemon to brighten the flavor. Heat it in the microwave, or oven, and serve hot with toasted pita wedges, toasted baguette slices, or your favorite sturdy chip or cracker.
I like to add this dip to my Charcuterie Platter instead of hummus to change it up. Or, if the crowd is large, I serve it in addition to hummus.
Boshamps Feta Dip
- You may be tempted to leave out the lemon in this recipe. I tend to do that often if I don’t have one on hand. Don’t do it with this recipe. The squeeze of lemon makes this recipe. I actually made it with and without the lemon and for sure it’s much better with the lemon. The tart lemon cuts through some of the richness of the cheese and cream cheese and offers a bright twist that’s much needed.
- Use as much of the zest as you can get from one lemon. Also, use as much lemon juice as you can squeeze from one lemon. Usually, you can get one teaspoon lemon zest and about one tablespoon lemon juice from one lemon. Therefore, those are the quantities I listed. If you can get a little more, do it.
Boshamps Feta Dip
- Mix the cream cheese and mayonnaise together until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper, and black pepper,
- Carefully stir in feta cheese, being careful not to break up the crumbles too much.
- Put in a microwave-safe dish and heat on high 30 seconds. Stir and heat another 30 seconds, repeating as needed to heat the dip through.
- Transfer to a serving dip and top with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Serve hot with crackers or chips.