Rumchata Caramel Martini is a rich, creamy, and boozy Rumchata liqueur and Irish cream cocktail. Similar to a combo of caramel macchiato and a white Russian, this is the best dessert martini ever.
RUMCHATA CARAMEL MARTINI
When you search for Rumchata Caramel Martini, I swear the same recipe comes up for several different sites. 🤷🏼♀️How does that happen if you’re creating your own recipes?
So I didn’t do that. This is not the same recipe as the other Salted Caramel Martini recipes. I chose not to use caramel vodka. Actually, I may be biased, but my version is creamier and, well, better.
I like to develop cocktails that have easy ratios to remember. For this reason, this has a 3 – 2 – 1 ratio. And then the caramel sauce and ice is discretionary. This caramel martini is just that simple.
- Freeze your glasses before making your caramel martini, especially if you’re adding caramel to the rim. Freezing the glass will keep your martini cold longer. As well, it helps prevent the caramel from running.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring for more flavor.
- You can use half and half, whole milk, or unflavored eggnog for the heavy cream.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, add the ingredients to a canning jar, place the lid on tightly and shake.
HOW TO RIM A GLASS
Adding flavor to the rim of your cocktail glass adds another element to the drink and triggers one, two, or more of the five receptors on your tongue. They are sweet, sour, bitter, savory, and salty. In addition, along with taste, it often adds texture and smell to make a cocktail the best it can be.
- Start with a shallow plate or bowl.
- Add caramel sauce to the plate. You don’t need much, just cover the bottom of the plate with a thin layer of caramel.
- You want to evenly dip the rim of your glass into the caramel.
- Optional, sprinkle on sea salt to the caramel rim. You can do the entire rim or, I like to add salt to 1/3 of the rim.
- Carefully craft your cocktail and pour it into your glass.
GARNISH YOUR RUMCHATA CARAMEL MARTNI
Garnishing is fun. Get as creative as you want. Recently, I saw a chocolate candle that you can garnish cocktails with! Crazy right? You warm the chocolate and press it on the glass, make the martini, light the candle and, get this… then you eat the candle!!!
I chose to drizzle caramel inside my coupe glass and skewered Kraft caramels for the rim. However, you can do any fun garnishes that you want.
FUN IDEAS FOR COCKTAIL GARNISHES
Of course, we can always add a lime wheel or lemon wedge to garnish. But, aren’t there new, more fun ways to dress a cocktail? Yep. There is. Feast and West has some really cute ideas for holiday garnishes. Making rock candy skewers and decorative flower ice cubes are also unexpected garnishes that will make a big impact.
Of course, a Bloody Mary is the most fun to garnish. They don’t have to have all the fun, get ideas from my Bloody Mary for your other drinks.
Another garnish that packs a punch is when you can add sweet, spicy, and salty (and apple chips) to the rim, you make ordinary extraordinary!
And just look how cute this Apple Pie à la Mode Cocktail is with it’s fanciful garnish!
RUMCHATA CARAMEL MARTINIPrint Pin Rate
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 ounces Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 ounces Rumchata liqueur
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- ½ ounce caramel ice cream syrup or sauce
- 1 cup ice approximate
- Cool Whip, caramel sauce, Kraft caramels for garnish
- salt, optional
- Drizzle caramel sauce into the martini glass or coupe glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice.
- Add Irish cream, Rumchata, heavy cream, and caramel syrup. (Add a pinch of salt if desired.)
- Replace the lid and make sure it's tight. Shake for about 15 seconds to combine and chill the ingredients. (I sing the alphabet song in my head. 😅)
- Remove the top of the shaker and strain it into your prepared glass.
- Add a spoonful of cool Whip and another drizzle of caramel syrup on top. Serve immediately. Cheers!