Ideal for entertaining and holidays, Perfect Medium Rare Oven Roasted Prime Rib makes an impressive and elegant main course recipe. It’s full of flavor, moist, and practically melts in your mouth!
Once or twice a year we splurge on this expensive cut of meat for a holiday or birthday celebration. When cooked correctly, a ribeye roast is juicy, tender, and will practically melt in your mouth!
We made it this year for Big Daddy’s birthday dinner celebration. We served it with these recipes.
Perfect Medium Rare Oven Roasted Prime Rib is mouth-watering and very simple to make in the oven. It will take approximately 90 minutes for a 4 pound roast. Watch your thermometer carefully, you do not want to over cook this expensive cut.
First, season the roast liberally, rubbing the seasoning in all sides and crevices.
The method I use to cook this roast is to cook in the oven on a very high heat for the first few minutes. This sears the meat and seals in the juices. That wonderful sear also will have a lot of flavor!
I highly recommend an instant read thermometer when cooking one. Otherwise, you will have to cut into the roast which will release all those juices you’re trying to keep in! (visit all my recommended products at my Amazon store.)
Always, always allow the roast to rest before carving. I like to lay a large sheet of aluminium foil over the roast and allow ti to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. By allowing it to rest, the juices will redistribute throughout the meat.
Perfect Medium Rare Oven Roasted Prime Rib
Yield 10 steaks
Ideal for entertaining and holidays, Perfect Medium Rare Oven Roasted Prime Rib makes an impressive and elegant main course recipe. It's full of flavor, moist, and practically melts in your mouth!
- enough butter to smear over entire roast
- sea salt to taste
- cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 4-pound boneless ribeye roast
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rub butter all over roast and season meat with salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Place roast, fat-side up, in a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees F and continue cooking until roast is reddish-pink and juicy in the center, approximately 60 minutes. Time will really depend on size and thickness of the ribeye.
- An instant-read thermometer is a must. When inserted into the center of the roast, it should read 145 degrees F.
- When thermometer registers 145 degrees F, remove it from the oven
- Transfer roast to cutting board; loosely tent with foil and let rest 15 minutes. Slice roast across the grain
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.