Cheddar Bacon Cauliflower Casserole is easy to make, creamy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor! Similar to Baked Potato Casserole it’s the perfect easy and healthy side dish for any dinner even the holidays.
CHEDDAR BACON CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE
With so many people doing lower-carb diets now, I’ve been looking to develop recipes with more vegetables and fewer potatoes.
Some people don’t like cauliflower used as a pizza crust, pasta, and potatoes. However, cauliflower is the perfect vegetable for this sine it takes on whatever flavor you add to it.
IS CAULIFLOWER REALLY GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes. Actually, cauliflower is considered a superfood because of its nutrient-rich content. It is high in fiber and vitamins. Its ingredients may help strengthen bones, boost the cardiovascular system, and prevent cancer. It also contains high concentrations of carotenoids (antioxidants) and glucosinolates.
Additionally, of the 100 grams of cauliflower in one serving, 92 grams is water.
CAN FROZEN CAULIFLOWER BE USED IN THIS RECIPE?
I used fresh, but you can certainly use frozen cauliflower.
I steamed fresh cauliflower so if you’re using frozen make note it’ll take longer to cook.
CAN I MAKE THIS CASSEROLE AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely! You can make it completely then cover and refrigerate. As well, you can steam the cauliflower, but the recipe together then bake it when you’re ready.
HOW LONG WILL IT KEEP IN THE FRIDGE?
This Cauliflower Casserole will be good for 3 to 4 days covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Personally, I don’t like this casserole frozen.
CHEDDAR BACON CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE TIPS
- First, steam the cauliflower sufficiently so that it’s fork-tender. It should no longer have a hard, crunchy texture.
- When cheese bakes on a casserole dish, it’s so difficult to clean. Be sure to spray your pan generously with non-stick spray.
- As well, I don’t recommend using low-fat cheese.
- Further, if you like turkey bacon you can use it. I prefer ‘real’ bacon.
- Between the cheese, bacon, and hummus, I find the only seasoning this casserole needs is salt and pepper. Fill free to add cayenne pepper or paprika if you like them.
- Finally, you can garnish with green onions or chives.
YOU’LL ENJOY THESE RECIPES TOO!
- Creamy Parmesan Cauliflower
- Bang Bang Baked Cauliflower
- Scalloped Mascarpone Cauliflower
- Baked General Tso’s Cauliflower
- Keto Broccoli Casserole
- Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment.
Cheddar Bacon Cauliflower Casserole
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets
- 10 -ounce hummus Sabra classic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup bacon bits
- 1 and ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together the cauliflower, hummus, salt, pepper, and 1 cup cheese in a large bowl.
- Pour into your prepared 9x13-inch pan and top with remaining cheese and bacon bits. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until hot, bubbly, and cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle green onions on top and serve.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days.