Halloween Snack Mix is a great snack mix to satisfy your snack-time cravings. It’s crazy delicious and has all the things…It’s sweet, salty, and crunchy.
HALLOWEEN SNACK MIX
This is a great, versatile recipe that you can easily swap out different kinds of candy to fit any holiday or party theme. Don’t like marshmallows? Just leave them out! Don’t like peanuts, add almonds instead!
Here’s a list of what I included in this recipe
As well, this mix will store in an airtight container for ages so you can make up a big batch for your Netflix binge. It’s a great party nibbler. Or, fill a clear plastic treat bag and tie it with a pretty ribbon for a special handmade gift.
HOW TO MAKE
This recipe could not be simpler!
- First, you need a really big bowl.
- Put all your ingredients except the chocolate and vegetable shortening in the bowl and mix them a little.
- While you’re doing this you can melt white chocolate and vegetable shortening in the microwave. You can review this post, How to Melt Chocolate if needed.
- Once it’s melted and smooth, pour the chocolate over all the ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
- Lay parchment paper or waxed paper on the countertop and pour the mixture out on it.
- Spread thin and allow the chocolate to dry and harden.
- Once it has dried and set, break chunks apart to serve.
- Store in an airtight container.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Green Chile Cheddar Dip
- Bikini Martini
- Blueberry Dessert Dumplings
- Dill Pickle Brined Pork Tenderloin
- Eat Like The King With These 13 Elvis Presley-Inspired Recipes
Also, please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Finally, I updated this post from an earlier version dated October 12, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Halloween Snack Mix
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, microwave the chocolate chips with the shortening for 1 minute.
- Stir and at 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted and stirred until smooth.
- Pour over the pretzel mixture and stir to coat.
- Place on waxed paper until dry.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.