Using common pantry ingredients, you can mix up a batch of this Homemade Baking Mix in minutes and save money!
Homemade Baking Mix Recipe
You never have to purchase baking mix again because it’s so easy to make yourself. It takes just minutes to make. Also, it’s cost effective to make it homemade.
This can be used in any recipe that calls for baking mix. Try it in pancakes, biscuits, waffles, and sausage balls instead of Bisquick brand.
To make the Homemade Baking Mix you simply combine all of the ingredients together. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender until it in pea-size pieces. Use in your favorite recipes or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month or freezer up to two months.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoons baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- Sift dry ingredients into mixing bowl or food processor.
- Add shortening and mix until completely combined with no lumps.
- Store in air tight container in fridge or freezer.