Philly Cheese Steak in Portobello Red Wine Sauce – Earthy mushrooms with rich red wine and herbs are combined with sauteed peppers and onions and covered in melted cheese. These gourmet flavors can be made and enjoyed in minutes.
Imagine® Culinary Simmer Sauce made into a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
Imagine® Culinary Simmer Sauce made per package directions.
There’s not a day goes by that I don’t cook something. Even when I don’t really want to cook, I still cook. I cook breakfast for the boys every single day. I can’t stand the thought of sending them to school with a honey bun or a bowl of cereal. Dinner is a little harder since Big Daddy gets home at different times every night and the boys have activities. I still don’t like to spend money on takeout so I usually cook dinner and I’ve found a healthy shortcut with these Imagine® Culinary Simmer Sauces. Although Imagine® Culinary Simmer Sauces sponsored this post, all opinions are my own.
You guys, this Steak in Portobello Red Wine Sauce is so good. I’ve really been enjoying making savory dishes lately. Maybe it’s the weather. I made Spaghetti Carbonara last week then made it again on Sunday. I’ve just been craving comfort food and I think it’s because it’s getting cooler.
Philly Cheese Steak in Portobello Red Wine Sauce
I used the Portobello Red Wine Simmer Sauce and made it first per the package directions. We ate this over rice. It was superb. As we were eating, I kept thinking about how good it would be as a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, because let’s face it, any time I can smother something in cheese I do.
My hunch was right. The sandwich was tasty and satisfying.
Even though I cook every day, I don’t want to spend all my time in the kitchen, especially during busy weekdays. By using Imagine® Culinary Simmer Sauces, this gourmet-quality meal was ready in minutes.
Imagine® Culinary Simmer Sauces
I purchase organic when I can and I love the Imagine® Culinary Simmer Sauces. They’re a quick and convenient way to make a gourmet meal. Here’s why I love them:
- Certified Organic (1st Organic simmer sauce in a pouch)
- Convenient 10 oz. pouch
- No genetically engineered ingredients
- Serves 4 – 5
- No preservatives or artificial ingredients
- No added MSG
It just takes 3 easy steps and 10 minutes to have a gourmet tasting meal on the table. I love this for busy weeknights. Better tasting and better for you than take-out! Whether you’re a ‘seasoned’ chef or home cook, these sauces will kick up your culinary game! All you need to do is
- Sear your protein
- Simmer with Imagine® Culinary Simmer Sauce
- Serve with a side dish
Ha! The three ‘S’ method – Sear, Simmer, Serve
Imagine Culinary Sauces are Certified organic and available in four unique flavors: Portobello Red Wine, Latin Veracruz, Thai Coconut Curry, Louisiana Creole. Which sauce do you want to try?
Steak in Portobello Red Wine Sauce
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 pound steak I used a chuck eye*
- 1 package Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces Portobello and Red Wine flavor
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil divided
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion I used a sweet onion
- 4 slices provolone cheese or you favorite cheese
- 4 buns. I used whole wheat slider buns
- Heat pan to high. When pan is hot add oil.
- Cube steak into 1 to 2 inch cubes
- When oil is hot, add steak. Sear 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium and add Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces Portobello and Red Wine flavor. Stir gently.
- Allow to simmer until beef is cooked.
- In another pan, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add peppers and onions and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender crisp.
- I used a slotted spoon so I would get some sauce but not so much that it would make the bun soggy.
- Spooned beef on bottom half of bun.
- Top with onions and peppers then cheese.
- Broil in oven to melt cheese and toast top bun.
- Serve hot.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces.