Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo creamy alfredo mixed with flavorful chicken and roasted broccoli makes a quick, mouth-watering dinner.
I made Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo after spring-break when all the boys activities started back. Mondays are so busy for us; I need simple dishes that come together quickly.
I’ve been making a lot of pasta dishes lately, mostly because I can usually make the whole meal in one pan and in less than 30 minutes.
Although, had I been the only one eating this, I would have left out the chicken. If Wesley had been the only one eating it, he would have left out the broccoli! We totally have different tastes in food. However, we did both like the creamy sauce with a slight hint of garlic. Doesn’t garlic make everything better?
Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Tips
You can use leftover chicken for this recipe. You could also roast chicken with the broccoli, boil chicken or use a rotisserie chicken. You just need two cups of cooked chicken.
Roasting the broccoli gives it a unique flavor if you don’t have time to roast it (30 minutes at 450 degrees F) boil the broccoli with the pasta instead.
Likewise, if you don’t have time to roast garlic, use fresh and mince it finely.
You can also turn this into a vegetarian meal by omitting the chicken and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
You can also serve this recipe as a side dish by omitting the chicken.
Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 ounces linquini pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk whole, 1% or 2%
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon roasted garlic chopped finely
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Roast garlic and broccoli florets for 30 minutes at 450 degrees F until fork tender.
- Cook chicken and chop. You may use a rotisserie chicken, boil, broil or bake chicken.
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente stage. Drain.
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, and heavy cream. Whisk constantly for 2 to 3 minutes until well incorporated, there are no lumps and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add Parmesan and stir until cheese melts for about 1 minute.
- Add pasta, chicken, and broccoli and stir to coat all with white sauce.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve hot.
If you like this recipe, you may also like
See my Community Table Posts –
and pictured below the best cinnamon and sweet rolls!