Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo creamy alfredo mixed with flavorful chicken and roasted broccoli makes a quick, mouth-watering dinner.
I made Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo after spring-break when all the boys activities started back. Mondays are so busy for us; I need simple dishes that come together quickly.
I’ve been making a lot of pasta dishes lately, mostly because I can usually make the whole meal in one pan and in less than 30 minutes.
Although, had I been the only one eating this, I would have left out the chicken. If Wesley had been the only one eating it, he would have left out the broccoli! We totally have different tastes in food. However, we did both like the creamy sauce with a slight hint of garlic. Doesn’t garlic make everything better?
Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Tips
You can use leftover chicken for this recipe. You could also roast chicken with the broccoli, boil chicken or use a rotissierre chicken. You just need two cups of cooked chicken.
Roasting the broccoli gives it a unique flavor, if you don’t have time to roast it (30 minutes at 450 degrees F) boil the broccoli with the pasta instead.
Likewise, if you don’t have time to roast garlic, use fresh and mince it finely.
You can also turn this into a vegetarian meal by omitting the chicken and using vegetable broth instead of the chicken broth.
You can also serve Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo as a side dish by omitting the chicken.
Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo - A creamy alfredo sauce is mixed with flavorful chicken and roasted broccoli in this quick, mouth-watering dinner.
- 8 ounces linquini pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk whole, 1% or 2%
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon roasted garlic chopped finely
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Roast garlic and broccoli florets for 30 minutes at 450 degrees F until fork tender.
- Cook chicken and chop. You may use a rotisserie chicken, boil, broil or bake chicken.
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente stage. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or saute pan. Add flour, whisk and cook 1 minutes until lightly brown.
- Stir in chicken broth and milk. Whisk constantly 2 to 3 minutes until well incorporated, there are no lumps and mixture begins to thicken.
- Add Parmesan and stir until cheese melts about 1 minute.
- Add pasta, chicken and broccoli and stir to coat all with white sauce.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve hot.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
If you like Roasted Broccoli Chicken Alfredo, you may also like
See my Community Table Posts –
and pictured below the best cinnamon and sweet rolls!