Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole is a low-fuss recipe that simple, delicious and filling.
This cheesy hashbrown casserole is a tasty main dish or side addition to your family brunch or large gathering! It’s a crowd-pleasing classic that everyone needs in their recipe arsenal.
This is a good recipe to make ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake. It’s great for overnight guest, busy morning, and entertaining.
Beaten eggs are poured over layered ingredients of hash browns, sausage, peppers, onions, seasonings and cheese. It’s then baked until golden brown.
Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
- You can use shredded Hash Brown potatoes for this recipe or diced hashbrowns.
- I used sausage, but bacon or ham would be equally good in this recipe. You may want to turn it into a dinner casserole meal and used ground beef. Now, that would be good!
- I baked my casserole in a 10-inch pie pan. You can bake it in a round pan, square pan, or oblong pan. As long as your hashbrowns are approximately 1 and 1/2 inch thick, your cook time will be the same. You’re looking for the center to be ‘set’ and the cheese to be melted when done.
- 4 cups hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup sausage links cooked
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 tables red onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Creole seasoning or ground cayenne or red pepper
- 5 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- Serve with: 2 tablespoon sliced green onions 1/4 cup diced tomato, 1/4 cup sour cream
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan or 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer with sausage, peppers, onions, and cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, and Creole seasoning together.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, if needed.
- Or, cook now at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- If baking after casserole has been refrigerated, cook an extra 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions, tomato, and sour cream and serve.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
You may also like these make- ahead casseroles